Unable to create a child account

by showdown_1313

Original Post

Unable to create a child account

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone encountered a situation where you (parent/guardian) have been unable to create a child account?

EA Support asked me to post on here.

Creation attempts include via Origin, on iMac Chrome Browser, Safari Browser, iPad Pro Chrome Browser, iPhone Chrome Browser with wifi on, then off using only data.

Error messages range from "Email Address Invalid" (I am using correct one and tried with upper case and lower case).

Another error message was "Unable to Create Account at this time".

Tried changing the birth year (did not work).

At times, it takes me right to "Captcha" ... it verifies I am complete, then it just takes me right back to "Create Account" screen, where it tells me once again, that my email is invalid.

I have also turned off my VPN and did it with my VPN on.

Any tips / advice would be golden.

Message 1 of 5 (547 Views)

Re: Unable to create a child account

Champion (Retired)
Hi @showdown_1313

EA servers like to be awkward sometimes, but just to be sure did you follow all the steps from this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/set-up-child-ea-account/
Message 2 of 5 (540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Carl,

Yup ... followed the instructions step by step, on various devices, browsers, etc. Kept getting the same error message(s).

At times, I get to the Captcha screen, I get authenticated, then it reverts me back to the “Create” an account screen.

I’ll keep trying, unless some one is able to provide a workaround.

Message 3 of 5 (493 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@showdown_1313 Have you tried creating an account using the Origin client? I noticed you mentioned using Origin in certain browsers which I think could be an issue.

After attempting myself it seems I am also unable to create one so I will escalate this issue.
Message 4 of 5 (474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Carl,

Correct - I did also try via the Origin client but continued to get the same error message.

Message 5 of 5 (396 Views)