Re: Unable to add friends or see friend requests

by PiNKSiN420

Original Post

★ Novice

Now it's called "Participate in Origin client betas" and the fix worked for me, thank you

Message 11 of 34 (4,531 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue, * pathetic that EA can't event get a friend request to function.....and for multiple years now.

Message 12 of 34 (3,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, when I am on my friends friend list, I can see my self as an added friend, but my friend cannot see me as a friend in his profile, when I look in my own profile I can't see him, but when he searches on my profile and looks into my friend list, he can see him self there. How can EA and the Origin team * up on one of the simplest futures in a system, this is a major flaw in their systems and from after what I read from thread to thread is that they are actually not doing so much and rely more on us, the customers to find a solution.

Is this even a serious company?

Message 13 of 34 (3,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Damn EA it's 2019 and u can't even fix this...
Message 14 of 34 (3,323 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

2019 and still they're having the same issues. Come on guys. 

Message 15 of 34 (3,203 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I am just having this problem with one friend. I did everything they listed - which is ridiculous, clear caches, open ports, mess with firewalls, reinstall origin, sign out from origin/website, sign in again, open as administrator and so on and so on...

This is not something I should do lol
Message 16 of 34 (3,067 Views)

Origin is useless

★★★ Newbie

Can someone just help me with this unbearably useless Origin app, I can't add my friends, they can't add me, we linked steam accounts, we are both "offline" in game to each other.

How can this app be so unbearable. I tried my very best to not swear every 2nd word and it's freakin hard.

Message 17 of 34 (3,073 Views)

Re: Origin is useless

★★★ Newbie
I agree experienced the same issue Friend request only goes through days later WTF?
Message 18 of 34 (3,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Hi folks, 

Let's try updating to the beta version of Origin and see if that helps improves matters. The Origin client has been updated since EA_Stephens post from 2013 and the "Participate in Origin Client Betas" option has moved a bit so I'll update the steps:

• Select "Origin"  and then "Application Settings
  • Stay on "Application" tab and scroll down to "Client Update"
  • Click on the "Participate in Origin Client Betas" opt in
  • Restart Origin Client

That should do the trick but do let us know if that has helped. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 19 of 34 (3,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie
nope
Message 20 of 34 (2,960 Views)