Unable to Install the Origin Client.

by degicank

Original Post

Unable to Install the Origin Client.

★ Novice

Hi. I purchased the physical copy of the new SimCity game to install on to my windows 8 Pro PC. During the initial install, the process attempts to install the Origin client. I get an error during this time that reads: "Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\CPRIA_~\AppData\Local\Temp\\Origin\vcredistx86.exe". The details log of the install process reads as follows:

Checking whether Origin is currently running
Output folder: C:\Users\CPRIA_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\\Origin
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
Execute:  /quiet
Create folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
Extract: WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe... 100%
Execute: "C:\Users\CPRIA_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\\Origin\vcredist_x86.exe" /q

I tried to install Origin by downloading the originthinsetup.exe file, but I run into the same problem. I have tried manually uninstalling Origin, as well as trying to install following a clean boot. Every time I attempt to install, I run into this same error. If anyone knows a solution to this problem, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (2,213 Views)

Re: Unable to Install the Origin Client.

★ Novice

So, no one out there has any ideas about what could be causing this? Let me know if anyone recognizes this problem. Thanks for your help.

Message 2 of 4 (2,178 Views)

★ Novice

I'm afraid not.

I just got this, but was given no errors. However the install process took about 15 minutes and seemed frozen, so I used the task manager to close it. At that point I realised I had 300gb extra space on the HD I tried to install it to, and found it was in the process of [b]DELETING EVERYTHING[/b]. My desura folder was empty, my steam folder was reduced to a few scattered files. My smaller games folder was totally gone.

I'd consider yourself lucky.

Message 3 of 4 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue when I first initially installed the Origin client, and whenever an Origin udpate was available.

I was able to resolve this issue by turning off "Real-Time Protection" temporarily within my antivirus settings (I'm using MS Security Essentials).

Message 4 of 4 (2,121 Views)