Unable to Connect to EA Servers or validate DLC

by DaPickle56

Original Post

Unable to Connect to EA Servers or validate DLC

★★★ Newbie

So just under eight hours ago now I was able to play my games on Origin without problem then right in the middle of a Mass Effect 3 online match Origin crashes and claims connection to the servers is unavailable. Since then my Origin has been unable to validate my dlc for my games, connect to multiplayer, load the friendlist, or even load some of my account information. When I do attempt to play a game Origin claims my cloud storage is out of sync and if I try to play anyways is when it then refuses to connect or validate anything. My brother is suffering the same exact problem and its not an internet issue as everything else works perfectly fine.

What amuses me, though, is that the Origin Store still works. Its like EA wants to sell me things that I can't even use.

Message 1 of 4 (923 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect to EA Servers or validate DLC

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I turn on the game it gives me the error and it cannot load my DLC. I hope its fixed soon. 

Message 2 of 4 (880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You know, when this issue hit me I started to dig around and see if I could find out what had ended up happening. What I found horrified me. Apparently this is an issue people have been having off and on again for a long while now. It astonishes me how Origin is allowed to get away with just crapping out and sticking its customers with the problem. While I understand problems are going to rear their ugly little heads every now and then, how does your service fail to connect to its own server and realize I bought stuff from it? The very fact the game is in my library shows they have some awarness its been down, so why refuse me access my to the stuff I've bought just because your servers fail to work properly?

I can't even touch the SP for Mass Effect because of the DLC I've bought. I could be a bit understandable if only the MP form of the game was affected, but they're not even letting me experience the form of the game that isn't internet-required. Its just plain ridiculous. EA, fix your issues and let me play my games that I've bought legally.

Message 3 of 4 (845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So for some inexplicable reason mine and my brother's Origins just fixed themselves. Dunno what to tell the rest of you, we didn't do anything and everything just came back online.

Message 4 of 4 (837 Views)