Ukrainian language in game Sims 4.

by AgeNTsGame

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ukrainian language in game Sims 4.

★ Apprentice

Ukraine has a ~40M population, of which, according to the last census, 67,5% consider Ukrainian their mother tongue.

Ukraine has a vibrant gaming community. Ukrainian eSports teams (go NaVi!) are some of the most successful and competitive in the world.

Valve added Ukrainian language option to Steam in 2013 and since then the number of Ukrainian Steam players (and Steam games that have a Ukrainian localization) has been steadily increasing. According to SteamSpy, as of June 2016 there were 3.7M Ukrainian players in Steam. (source: http://steamspy.com/country/UA )

Given the above arguments, we, the Ukrainian gaming community, ask Maxis to add the Ukrainian language to the game.

With kind regards,
Ukrainian gaming community

Message 1 of 5 (1,365 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ukrainian language in game Sims 4.

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @AgeNTsGame.

In-game language options will be dependent on a number of factors and it's not always possible to include all the different languages that people would like.

I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,349 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @AgeNTsGame.

In-game language options will be dependent on a number of factors and it's not always possible to include all the different languages that people would like.

I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,350 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Please prioritise this urgently. The people of Ukraine deserve our support in every way possible. Considering that their neighbour is specifically trying to destroy their nationhood and ethnic identity, providing games in their native language would really show we care - and considering how many languages The Sims supports already, the mechanisms must be in place so that it really wouldn't be difficult to do.

Message 3 of 5 (1,277 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Don't you think it's wrong and offensive to be forced to play your favorite game in the language of the country that is killing you?
Message 4 of 5 (1,204 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, thank you for taking the time to post on AHQ and share your feedback.

I will pass it all on to the team and our teams are actively looking into issues like this to see what can be done.

I am going to have to go ahead and lock this thread as it is moving into a political discussion which is not something that we allow on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,189 Views)