Why is EA customer service so bad?

by tirzds

Original Post

US customer service contact

★ Novice

Does anyone have a phone # to get to EA Customer service in the US?

After a few weeks of playing Madden 20 with my son, EA locked my account without reason or explanation.  A day later I received a generic email accusing me of violating EA's coin distribution policy, which is ridiculous because I've never purchased or sold coins. I wouldn't even know how.  I filed a complaint through EA's website on 4/1 asking them to fix the issue. Ten days later, my account is still locked and I still have not even received a response from customer service.  EA's website promises a response within 72 hours (which is already poor) and I've been waiting 240 hours and counting.  I can't believe EA's customer service is so bad.

Message 2 of 5 (674 Views)

Why is EA customer service so bad?

★ Novice

After a few weeks of playing Madden 20 with my son, EA locked my account without reason or explanation.  A day later I received a generic email accusing me of violating EA's coin distribution policy, which is ridiculous because I've never purchased or sold coins. I wouldn't even know how.  I filed a complaint through EA's website on 4/1 asking them to fix the issue. Ten days later, my account is still locked and I still have not even received a response from customer service.  EA's website promises a response within 72 hours (which is already poor) and I've been waiting 240 hours and counting.  I can't believe EA's customer service is so bad.  Does anyone have a phone # to get to EA Customer service in the US?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (631 Views)

Re: Why is EA customer service so bad?

★★★ Novice

ea customer service is a joke because ea doesnt carw about the customers opinions or experiences. They have exclusive video game rights with nfl (nhl mlb etc) so no other company can use the names of teams or players. this being the case people are FORCED to buy their game if they want to play football online. So they dont bother spending time or money working to fix the issues of the game, just to add new gimmicks to get suckers to spend their hard earned money. Even when you get their cs team to ADMIT that theyre wrong and treating you unfairly the most youll get is "were working on it" (which they never do) or ok well send the claim to the game team and theyll give you what you were unrightfully not given. then you never hear back, call again and ask for game team and they say it doesnt exist and refuse to give you to a supervisor. All this is supported by ss and anyone who has played madden seriously or talked to cs team in last 5 years will vouch and tell you that theyve sent the same issues to ea support for years (for me personally ive made claims, read claims, commented and liked claims etc in both cs and online forums provided by ea support team for madden 18 19 20 and probably more but for a fact 18 19 20 same issues) and never have they been resolved. Dont waste your time or money with EA. If you look at USA Todays top hated companies of 2018 (havent seen 2019 and obv 2020 isnt out yet) Madden ranked worse than Monsanto Trump ind. etc companies who have stolen cheated and even KILLED people. Those companies are better than EA as per the American people. Theres only one way to get what you want from EA. Never buy their products again. As im playing now and writing this my 95 dion sanders got burned in cover 3 by a 71 if you think madden has anything to do with skill, talent, team, or football, no its just about taking your money.

Message 3 of 5 (592 Views)

Re: US customer service contact

Community Manager

Hi @tirzds

I'm sorry, but account bans are not something that we or the EA Help team can assist with. The Terms of Service team will need to review your account and determine if the ban could be overturned. 

For more information on how to set up a case with them visit the EA Help website. The TOS team will follow up with you via email as soon as possible. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (608 Views)

Re: US customer service contact

★ Novice

Thanks for your response, but this whole situation is ridiculous.  What could they possibly need so much time to review?  I didn't do anything wrong.  I just play Madden online with my son.  How can EA inexplicably lock my account and then refuse to fix it?  What kind of customer service is this?  What a joke.

Message 5 of 5 (586 Views)