Re: (URGENT)I inspired the Frostbite Engine

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

(URGENT)I inspired the Frostbite Engine

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Electronic Arts!

The last time I was in contact with someone from EA I was alot younger I'll be 28 in November. I was briefly sending emails back and forth with someone from Electronic Arts (who i must mention may even have passed away i just don't know it was so long ago) our emails were about a discussion forum on gamespot.com, I was a minor at the time but could still participate which I thought was so cool. Please note I have changed email addresses as many people do but at the time on the gamespot discussion I was connected by the address [edit: email address removed] the discussion on gamespot.com was about any ideas for video games and being a huge Battlefield 1942 fan decided to focus on the idea of Battlefield 3. I explained my idea for two aiming sensitivities and received an email from someone at EA!

This person from EA congratulated me on my idea and told me I was now an ambassador and wanted to know which bank I was with (luckily I was young banker!) and what password I would like to use to access my ambassador rewards funds.

I lost those emails but I know my bank and I knew my password ALL of this information I kept a secret for all these years until today when I went to the bank with the hopes of making life better for my family with the money.
The Bank was a little confused today... I have accessed my ambassador rewards in the past, I asked the bank if they could find the funds by password and they did! I got fifty dollars from the bank that day by giving my ambassador password but that was just under 5 years ago... today I as going in for a second time but nobody really knew what to do maybe things have changed over the years.

The man emailing me from EA explained that my idea "The TEA engine" (basically multiple aiming sensitivities focusing on drawing the weapon and holding the weapon, which changed the game dramatically leaving players inclined to be even more competitive) was going to be called Frostbite instead. I was honest with him about the situation he knew I was a teenager and was very kind, we both realised that as long as I stay with my current bank and remember the password that I can go claim my reward whenever I like, this person was not from gamespot.com

I am eagerly awaiting your response, my mother had cancer when I was young which definitely distracted me from all of this, she beat brain cancer guys my parents are still together they moved state just recently I'm Victorian I still live in Victoria but they moved to Brisbane.

It is time for me re-introduce myself as an ambassador and finally claim my reward for the Frostbite Engine but it's difficult to do without being in contact with some from Electronic Arts.

I am asking that you investigate my claims this is all the truth. I was directed today by Electronic Arts promo support line moments ago to approach this on the forums. Thankyou for Battefield 3 I have played plenty of our game and everything about it is amazing, I still love ambushing other players on Caspian Border!

I want to commend you on the level of respect you have shown me over the years not only releasing cool games but I am fully aware that my privacy was heavily considered.

I'm just trying to push things forward. If someone from EA could respond to my post I can become more involved in game-making as an ambassador once again!

Sincerely 

{Edited by CM}

Message 1 of 3 (385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

P.S. The man i was emailing said "If you have any problems with that (losing the email... i wasn't going to access ambassador funds just yet) make sure you say you lost the email that way i'll know who you are"

Message 2 of 3 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @DeathhHead

Just a quick heads up, I've edited the post to remove any personal information like email, name, location, etc. The forums are public place so it's important to protect your information. Check out the AHQ Forum Rules and the point "Don't post personal information" for more on that. Standard smile

We are willing to check this for you but we would need more information. Could you pop me a direct message with details such as screenshots, email addresses, names, dates, etc please? (See spoiler tag for guidance on sending a direct message.)

Spoiler

To send a direct message:

1. Click on the person’s name (e.g. @EA_Lanna) to be redirected to their profile.
  2. Select the envelope icon (✉️) beside their avatar and this will load the 'Create a Message' page with the users forum address auto filled into the 'Send to’ window.
  3. Enter in a Subject line into the ‘Message subject’ window and then begin typing in the ‘Message body’. You can check and see how the message will appear by switching to ‘Preview’ tab and make any additional edits to your message before sending by going back to the ‘Compose’ tab
  4. When you’re ready to send, please click on the ‘Send Message’ button in the bottom right

I'll close this thread in the meantime. 

Thanks, 

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)