Re: Two questions about moving to console

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Two questions about moving to console

★★★ Novice

First, I've had a PC for a while, but recently picked up a PS4.  I know that I can link my accounts, but I'm curious if I'll have to re-buy PS4 copies of my games to do so or if the fact that I've bought them is linked to my origin account.

Second, a while ago I bought a game for someone on PC, and found out recently that they didn't use the code.  Assuming I do want to use that code for console, can game codes be used regardless of platforms, would I have to ask support if there's a way to trade PC codes for console codes, or is there no ability to make trades whatsoever?

Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

Accepted Solution

@PlayMyWizard  If you want to play your PC games on console, you'll need to rebuy them.  You also won't be able to apply the unused code to any console content, and it's unlikely EA support would let you make a trade.

The probable reason for this is that while EA keeps the profits from Origin sales, each console has its own store, and each company wants its share of the cut.  Sony and Microsoft aren't going to let people play on console without paying them, and Origin isn't going to pay those companies to let its players use their PC content on console.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)

All Replies

@PlayMyWizard  If you want to play your PC games on console, you'll need to rebuy them.  You also won't be able to apply the unused code to any console content, and it's unlikely EA support would let you make a trade.

The probable reason for this is that while EA keeps the profits from Origin sales, each console has its own store, and each company wants its share of the cut.  Sony and Microsoft aren't going to let people play on console without paying them, and Origin isn't going to pay those companies to let its players use their PC content on console.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (248 Views)