Re: Trying to redeem a product code..not working

by CMeki

Original Post

Trying to redeem a product code..not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For about an hour now I have been trying to redeem a product code with Origin, both through the program and the link on my account page of the website with no luck.

When I try with the actual program the popup comes up and then just goes blank and sits there forever, when I try with the website it gives me a connection reset error meaning the website is down, but only within the product redeem tool area, the rest of the page loads fine. The message product redeem tool loading pops up briefly followed by my browser trying to connect to checkout.ea.com or whatever, then it eventually gives up.

My internet is fine, I have tried re installing, disabling firewalls, everything that is suggested and more..no luck. I would like an answer on this please.

Regards,

Message 1 of 14 (32,957 Views)

★★ Guide

Contact Live Chat via below method

just head to the Contact Us page, select Origin as your Product, Account/Registration as your Category, your respective platform--if you don't know what to put here, PC is a good choice, as the Origin Client is accessible through your PC

Scroll down the page and click on LIVE CHAT button

and one of our advisors will be able to quickly help you with your enquiry.

regards

DTHCoCo

Message 2 of 14 (32,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Won't load
Message 3 of 14 (30,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a slightly similar problem.. the only difference is that the popup loads just fine, but when I click on the product I want to redeem it just sits there, the product boundary is green, its got a green circle with a check mark in it, and it does nothing. Also I can't scroll down, and since on of the available products that appear under my redemption code is cut in half, it leads me to believe that their are more possible products to chose from, and that I need to click some sort of "Confirm" button at the bottom of the popup.

If anybody has an idea of how I could fix this, I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (29,787 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xGlacialDragonx

There seems to be an issue with this on Origin atm, please go to EA's account site and redeem your code there! Standard smile

Message 5 of 14 (29,770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and when I try to redeem my code through the customer portal after clicking on the account tab in Origin I just get a spinning cogwheel in a window.

Message 6 of 14 (29,505 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@johnnydeep77

Please try as recommended above and redeem your code at your EA account page (link in post above)

Ir is it this page you have problem accessing?

Message 7 of 14 (29,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That link takes me to the same page that I mentioned visiting through the Origin client. (Customer Portal) Which still has nothing but a box with a spinning cogwheel when I click on the "Redeem Product" tab. Also, when trying to log into the Origin website I get a message that says: "Logins are not available at this time." This message has been consistent when I have attempted to log in for the last 3 days.

Message 8 of 14 (29,341 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@johnnydeep77

Sound like your account might have a slight issue, please contact an EA Game Advisor to get that sorted out! Standard smile

Go here to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

• In the upper right corner, choose your region. If it's not there, choose US or UK.
  • Choose a game. For help with an account issue, choose Origin
  • Choose your platform
  • Choose topic and issue to give EA details.
  • Click Select contact option, and hopefully you get in touch with someone fast!

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 9 of 14 (29,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

I had a very similar problem on my Mac. The Sims 4 City Living expansion just was not downloading. I simply went on the original game, and then exited. It worked for me then. Hope this helps people!

- Sasha

Message 10 of 14 (27,313 Views)