Re: Transfer installation folder to a new hard disk

by Anonymous

Original Post

Transfer installation folder to a new hard disk

★★★★ Novice

I have a new hard disk with windows on it and i have all the games and the origin in a old hard disk in slave mode. I can execute origin but I cannot execute the games even with the origin online (it shows that you have to download them), i tried to move them at the new hard disk (where windows is now) but with the same result, i have to redownload it. Theres no a way to say to origin where is the instalation folder of the game and that it dont need to redownload? I have no internet now, and i want to play. Any solution? thanks.

Btw if you execute the fifa.exe it says that you dont have origin installed, dosent matter that you have the origin running.

(i posted before in a solved post, so i did a new one because is a non solved issue)

Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

to reinstall without downloading:

# create a new folder on the new hard disk (to make sure the Origin game folder is empty)

# point the Origin game location to the new folder

# start downloading the games but.....

# when a downloading is receiving data, pause the download

# once all downloads are pause, exit Origin

# copy/move all the game folders from the old location to the new folder you made in step on

# when all data is copied/moved, log back in to Origin

# resume all downloads

Origin will check existing files and only downloads missing/corrupts files. This process will

go very fast and the installation popup of each game should follow after the file check.

With best regards,

inSmithereens

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Your freedom ends when another's freedom is in jeopardy"

~ inSmithereens

Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks a lot! I will try that later at home!
Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks mate. Unfortunatelly it didnt worked. The download resumes at 50% after copy the files to the new downloading folder. Its closer than before at least.
Message 4 of 4 (341 Views)