Transaction fails everytime.

by sam621

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transaction fails everytime.

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm a player living in South Korea. I recently saw a deal that gives me a 50% discount on the price of Medal of Honor Warfighter if I buy it with a Battlefield 3 premium. So I put them in my cart and checked out. It didn't work. As Korean origin site gives me 3 different ways of billing(bank account, credit card, cellphone charge) I tried all 3 of them. Didn't work. Someone advised me to change my email account. I did it 3 times but didn't work. Tried on another computer. Didn't work. I'm doing this **bleep** for almost 24 hours and the deal is going to end in a few hours as the pre-purchase event of MOHWF ends.

I'm really upset for those numerous failures. Someone tell me how to deal with this problem ASAP!

*note : Korean origin platform or other web browsers(like chrome) doesn't work on buying things because of **bleep**ty South Korean ActiveX problem. (I wonder who the hell is responsible of this unuseful dependence on activex in every transaction) So using IE browser is only way of buying stuff

*note 2 :  Detailing my shipping address and my billing specification - such things work fine. The problem occurs when I confirm my payment. It keep says Failed or Rejected not telling me why.

Message 1 of 5 (565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Transaction fails everytime.

★★★★★ Newbie

OK here's what I've got from the email.

1. Open "CMD" as an administrator account

2. Type below :

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "로컬 영역 연결" mtu=1450 store=persistent

*tip : 로컬 영역 연결 means Local Area Connection or Local Area Network in Korean. Type in english if you are using non-korean windows. But I don't know whether you should type capital letters.

3. Press "enter key". If you typed it right as an administrator and if there's no error on your computer, the word "확인(means confirmed or same meaning words in Korean.)" or "netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces" will appear on your dos screen.

4. Go to the origin website and PROFIT!(PROFIT in this part is my creation actually Standard smile )

And it did work. Transaction process works fine. I have to check purchase over $50 works, too, though.(Which doesn't work so well in Korean origin. How sucks.)

So anyone suffer same problem as I did, Use this on several computers( if you have...) as a final solution before creating another account.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (563 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

In that case, please contact the customer support at http://help.ea.com , they can look at your account and explain what exactly the issue is you are seeing,

Message 2 of 5 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I sent an email to the support team but I doubt it would arrive in time. I found out that live chat is too busy for me to use. I'm still waiting for the quene, though. And EA Korea customer services phone-line gave many other users like me some useless info so I won't use that option.

Any other suggestion might be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OK here's what I've got from the email.

1. Open "CMD" as an administrator account

2. Type below :

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "로컬 영역 연결" mtu=1450 store=persistent

*tip : 로컬 영역 연결 means Local Area Connection or Local Area Network in Korean. Type in english if you are using non-korean windows. But I don't know whether you should type capital letters.

3. Press "enter key". If you typed it right as an administrator and if there's no error on your computer, the word "확인(means confirmed or same meaning words in Korean.)" or "netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces" will appear on your dos screen.

4. Go to the origin website and PROFIT!(PROFIT in this part is my creation actually Standard smile )

And it did work. Transaction process works fine. I have to check purchase over $50 works, too, though.(Which doesn't work so well in Korean origin. How sucks.)

So anyone suffer same problem as I did, Use this on several computers( if you have...) as a final solution before creating another account.

Message 4 of 5 (564 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey Sam, thanks for sharing this here for your fellow Koreans. I am glad this worked for you, and hope you enjoy MOHW once it goes live for you.

Message 5 of 5 (536 Views)