Re: To Any EA Staff Member (PLEASE HELP!)

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

To Any EA Staff Member (PLEASE HELP!)

★★★★★ Newbie

To any EA Staff Member,

Recently my EA account was suspended due to my bank investigating fraudulent charges I believed to be illegitimate at the time. The reality was that a family member, who also plays on the same account, simply used my card to make online transactions when I was not present. I contacted my bank once I realized the mistake, but an investigation had already begun and I have receipts of each charge that was being investigated. I've tried contacting the terms of service team at EA multiple times to explain the situation (including the receipts to prove that it was indeed me who made the call) and grant EA the ability to charge-back the amounts from the receipts due to the fact that the purchases were not made from an outside party as I had originally thought. Unfortunately, the only message I'm getting back is that the account has violated the TOS and there's no one willing to work with me or help me get my account back even though I've spent quite a bit of money outside of the aforementioned charges. I don't know what more I can do to try and reclaim my account, I am just an average guy that likes to play games who hopes to get his account back that he's spent so many hours on, regardless of the cost. If anyone from the EA staff sees this and can help me resolve the issue that would be extremely appreciated because there is no foul play and I've included as much proof as I can with all the data necessary to see the misunderstanding, I just don't think anyone is looking into it deeply. I'd just like a chance to work this out and once again, I'm more than willing to take the charges that were bounced back during my bank's investigation.

Very Respectfully, 

A Hopefull Gamer 

Message 1 of 2 (292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @L0VEr_Razz we are not able to discuss any aspect of a ToS sanction on AHQ so the best thing to do is speak to our Terms of Service team and explain the situation to them.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @L0VEr_Razz we are not able to discuss any aspect of a ToS sanction on AHQ so the best thing to do is speak to our Terms of Service team and explain the situation to them.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)