Titanfall 2 wont install! VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed

by HoboTheOne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 wont install! VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed

★★★ Novice

Hi!

Im going crazy, i bought this game for 50£ now i cant install it. I have tried every fix i found but nothing works, i just wanna play the game.

When the game comes to 42% this error message pops up: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.

Im going crazy, i just wasted those money, and there is nothing i can do. I have disabled all antivirus, i have updated windows fully, i have unistalled and reinstalled microsoft visual C++. I have tried every fix i could find on this forum. I just want to cry right now, im so tired of this *, im mostly sad i wasted my last money on this *.

I went to the redist folder in titanfall 2 installer -> vc->  vc2012Update4 and tried to install it manually but the error message still occurs. I also have an folder in titanfall 2 -> installer -> vc -> vc2010sp1, when i try to manually install the 2010 vc++ sp1 it says something about it cant find the source of the install folder. I wonder if this could be my problem somehow?

Please im begging you, help me fix this so i can play the damn game i been hyped for this and then i cant play. I would be forever greatful of any help. The frustration this have given me make me consider to never buy a game of origin ever again.

Message 1 of 13 (8,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 wont install! VC++ runtime redistributable package was not insta

★★★ Novice

I just want to say! I fixed it!!!!! It downloads!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! I used windows fixxit to unistall vc++ 2010 x64 and x86 and installed it correctly, deleted titanfall2 and downloaded it again and it continued to download this time. What a good feeling to try to solve a problem for houers and then solve it, thanks to all the tips here and around the internet i found a solution for me.

Mod can close this thread, but if anyone have the same problem as me. Try to find the problem, and if any vcc++ is the problem unistall it and install, simple. For me vc++ 2010sp was the problem, it didnt work correctly and i couldent unistall it or install it so i had to use fixxit a windows tool that actually worked. Then i could unistall and install vc 2010sp1 correctly.

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (9,900 Views)

All Replies

Re: Titanfall 2 wont install! VC++ runtime redistributable package was not insta

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bumb! Somebody? I dont know were to turn but here, im lost.

Edit: I will try to reinstall all visual c++, everysingle one and install them again.

Message 2 of 13 (8,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

It seem to be som kind of problem with my vc++ 2010sp1. I cant install it, and if i try to unistall it says the pathway cant be found or something like that.

Message 3 of 13 (8,681 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just want to say! I fixed it!!!!! It downloads!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! I used windows fixxit to unistall vc++ 2010 x64 and x86 and installed it correctly, deleted titanfall2 and downloaded it again and it continued to download this time. What a good feeling to try to solve a problem for houers and then solve it, thanks to all the tips here and around the internet i found a solution for me.

Mod can close this thread, but if anyone have the same problem as me. Try to find the problem, and if any vcc++ is the problem unistall it and install, simple. For me vc++ 2010sp was the problem, it didnt work correctly and i couldent unistall it or install it so i had to use fixxit a windows tool that actually worked. Then i could unistall and install vc 2010sp1 correctly.

Message 4 of 13 (9,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if you found a workaround, but I was dealing with this painful, frustrating issue for the last 24 hours and finally seemed to have fixed it. If not, you may wish to try the following for 64bit:

Download Microsoft's latest Visual C++ Redistributable package here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

• Go to your TF2 installation folder
  • Go to / __Installer / vc / vc2010sp1 / redist
  • Copy the latest MS VC executable (vc_redist.x64) into the "redist" folder
  • Rename the newest VC executable you just copied to the name of the existing executable in the folder
  • Delete the original .exe file 
  • Go to / __Installer / vc / vc2012Update4 / redist
  • Rename the newest VC executable you just copied to the name of the existing executable in the folder
  • Delete the original .exe file 

You should now have Microsoft’s newest VC++.exe in each of the “redist” folders but named vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x64.exe

Begin installation again.  It should complete the install and run fine if it did what mine did.

Message 5 of 13 (8,581 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Cheers mate you've help me fix the same issue.

Message 6 of 13 (8,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and even after deleting and reinstalling C++ files it still wouldn't install.

Finally I cleaned my computer's registry and the game installed all the way complete.

Message 7 of 13 (8,019 Views)

★ Novice

This resolved the issue. 

Thanks. 

Message 8 of 13 (7,907 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you it has fixed my issue as well!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 13 (7,537 Views)

★ Novice

Wish there would be a way to upvoye your reply. But yes this is how you fix it. I guess if you want to make it simpler:

1. find your titanfall folder after it finished downloading i.e. E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Titanfall2\ (windows 10 pro x64).

2. go into the __install folders and open both vc2010sp1 and vc2012update4.

3. inside each folder go to the redist folder as indicated, and rename the files. I made mine vcredist_x64.exe.orig so I can keep them there for reference name

4. Download the newest vcredist from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53840 as indicated

5. Paste the downloaded file on both folders and rename them to match the exact name vcredist_x64.exe. The file you downloaded is named vcredist.x64.exe (watch the period there).

6. try to reinstall and it goes thru and you should be ready to play.

Cheers mate.

Message 10 of 13 (7,461 Views)