Re: Titanfall 2 Pre-load Error

by sidneymavok

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 Pre-load Error

★★ Novice

Titanfall 2 Pre-load

I am trying to pre-load Titanfall 2 so I can immediately play on release but at around 31% I get a weird error that I can't fix

A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4294967287)

A looked for a similar issue and the solution was go to the game folder > __Installer > directx > redist and then run DXSETUP.exe but doing that (even when the installation of DirectX succeeds) doesn't fix the issue. I still get the error mentioned above.

Anyone able to help?

Message 1 of 33 (26,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hello pilots Standard smile just to let you know i had the same problem and i solved it by disabling my antivirus. I hope this helps someone.

View in thread

Message 12 of 33 (17,310 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I've got the exact same prob', i search on my own, i'll let you know if i find anything.

Message 2 of 33 (26,297 Views)

★★★ Novice

Find it !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=AzureCuzYeah

Follow this but replace bf by titanfall and it work Standard smile

Message 3 of 33 (26,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

Follow @M4rtelus procedure and when you remove the files, do not close Origin or the installation will restart.

Message 4 of 33 (26,285 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay I'll try it tonight when I get back home.
Message 5 of 33 (26,267 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

any success? I've tried what @M4rtelus told but  I still get the error! Confused

Message 6 of 33 (26,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah, after doing that i've see that my game dont fully download, i delete the titanfall 2 folder > dl again > got the error BUT the rest of the game download after that 
Idk what happen but delete the game and re dl him work.

Message 7 of 33 (26,223 Views)

★★ Novice

Should I still do this? I logged in today and Origin says the game is pre-loaded already. I tried to click on Settings and clicked on Update Game then it tells me that I'm all set and that Titanfall® 2 Deluxe Edition is up to date.

I don't know what happened. My computer was turned off before I left the house today so it's impossible to have installed while I was away. I don't understand this.

Message 8 of 33 (26,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

humm check if your folder of titanfall 2 is 36giga, if it's good dont touch anything and wait if your game will launch, if hes not 36giga you should delete him and redl.

Message 9 of 33 (26,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Got the same problem, tried all of the above solutions but non of them worked, reinstalled twice already during Pre-load and it get stuck on 31% and then the error message pop up everytime, tried deleting the files and install again, same thing happens. Running on Win10 I don't know what's the problem with it, saids it only needs DX11 and I can't even get it to install, all of my drivers are up to date, trying to reinstall for the last time if this doesn't work I'll probably request a refund, kind of sucks that I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition as well all for it to stuff up during Pre-load.

Message 10 of 33 (26,154 Views)