The sims 3 need new registration.

by livibestis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 3 need new registration.

★★★ Newbie

I bought it four weeks ago and have played it a couple of time. Today when I try to start the game a pop up in Origin demands an activation. When I use my code it says that it already have been used (of course! I've used it before).

What can I do to make it work again?

Message 1 of 5 (460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims 3 need new registration.

Community Manager

Thanks! It sounds like there are a couple different things that may have happened. First, is there a chance that you might have redeemed the code on a different EA Account? If you have any other email addresses that you could have used to create an account, I'd recommend trying to use them to sign into the Origin client. If the code was redeemed on a different account you should be able to see The Sims 3 in your game Library. 

The other possibility is that there was an issue with the purchase, and the code may have been disabled. If you don't have any other EA Accounts where the code might have been claimed I would recommend reaching out to the retailer where you bought the game. If there was any sort of issue with the purchase they should be able to see what might have happened. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (366 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @livibestis

Did you buy The Sims 3 directly through Origin, or did you purchase the game from a different retailer? If you did buy it from a different retailer, was this a physical disc copy or was it digital? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Kent!

I bought a registration code from another retailer and downloaded it through Origin.

Message 3 of 5 (371 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks! It sounds like there are a couple different things that may have happened. First, is there a chance that you might have redeemed the code on a different EA Account? If you have any other email addresses that you could have used to create an account, I'd recommend trying to use them to sign into the Origin client. If the code was redeemed on a different account you should be able to see The Sims 3 in your game Library. 

The other possibility is that there was an issue with the purchase, and the code may have been disabled. If you don't have any other EA Accounts where the code might have been claimed I would recommend reaching out to the retailer where you bought the game. If there was any sort of issue with the purchase they should be able to see what might have happened. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Don't have any other account. I created my first EA account for this game. I ordered the code to another e-mail than the one used in ea account though.

I try to contact the retailer.

Thanks for help!

Message 5 of 5 (350 Views)