The email created by EA account was modified by hackers

by yolestar2009

Original Post

The email created by EA account was modified by hackers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hackers use pre verification to find customer service to modify the mailbox.

In China, recently, a large number of player accounts were stolen. It was found that hackers created a case using the original mailbox of the account to chat with customer service. In the case, there was no customer service verification mailbox. Later, they asked other customer service to know that it was called pre verification. When they asked how to carry out pre verification, customer service refused to tell them, which was difficult to understand.
In about 3% of the cases, the creation mailbox of the player's account was even changed, that is, the customer service could not find the account when providing the creation mailbox. The original mailbox of the account located through the invoice was not the player's, which was a very serious harm to the interests of the player. EA did not pay attention to it at all. It found a lot of customer service and even called, They refused to investigate and help on the grounds that they did not provide the correct original email.
Because I can provide the case code and complete chat records of the account retrieved, which can prove that the account creation email is mine, or the first EA email I received when applying for an account. However, customer service doesn't care, either provide the creation email, or answer those stupid questions, your IP, your credit card, birthday or bill address, We have explained many times that players in China use accelerator network agents and can't find the IP. How many players remember the account birthday? Moreover, hackers can see their birthdays in their login accounts, and we don't need credit cards. They are all mobile payments. They don't know what the billing address is. These problems make no sense to verify the identity of players.

Message 1 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: Hackers use pre verification to find customer service to modify the mailbox

Community Manager

Hi @yolestar2009

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened, but I'm afraid we can't help with account issues here on Answers HQ. 

I can only recommend following up with EA Help if you can provide any of the information they requested so they can continue assisting. You can find more details on how to reach them at the EA Help website

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (472 Views)

Re: Hackers use pre verification to find customer service to modify the mailbox

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

As mentioned in the post, I have found a lot of customer service, even by phone, and refused to help on the grounds that the email is not an account. I can't report the customer service. I don't know the way, and I can't sue EA. The conditions are inconvenient.
I have the proof of the original email application account and the chat record with the customer service, which can prove that my email is the original email. Hackers invaded the server and modified the original email of the account, but the customer service did not investigate.

Update follow up:
Today, I successfully retrieved my account from the customer service. Almost half a month later, can hackers modify the original email only for half a month? The system will automatically recover the data?
Because today, we asked the customer service to retrieve the account and provided the creation mailbox of the black account. The customer service said that we found the associated two accounts. The mailbox assisted the two accounts, and then after the verification passed, we retrieved the account. You can refer to it.

Message 3 of 3 (402 Views)