Re: The Sims 4 Not Downloading

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Not Downloading

★★ Novice

I recently bought The Sims 4 and went to install it on my laptop. On Laptop 1 it installed fine and had no problems at all. But when I tried to install The Sims 4 on my 2nd laptop it gives me the error 'The game installation directory is invalid. Please select a different directory.' Origin has also been giving me consistent messages about me giving permission for it to make changes to the computer and I've given permission but it will pop-up again about 20 seconds later.Just so you guys know I'm using Windows 7

Your help would be much appreciated

Sincelery TheR4zerBlade

Message 1 of 15 (7,138 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@graceiecakes

The post you are responding to is about half a year old. If you are having download issues then try creating your own post with an explanation of the specific problem you are having.

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (4,845 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Where are you installing the game to? Perhaps you don't have enough space on the drive you are installing the game to? You can check and change the installation location in Application Settings - Advanced (top left Origin menu and the 1st option in App Settings - Advanced).

Message 2 of 15 (7,103 Views)

★★ Novice

No there's nothing wrong with where it is going to just so you know it is going to my C drive in Program Files to Origin Games. I also need help with Origin bugging me with permission to do something on the hard drive and I say yes but it pops up again 20 seconds later. I hope we'll be able to fix the issue.

Sincerely, TheR4zerBlade

Message 3 of 15 (7,081 Views)

★★ Novice

I've fixed where the game directory issue I think. But now the problem is it puts the download and pause and tells me Origin needs to update and Windows will prompt me when but when OriginClientService prompts me to give permission to make changes to the computer I click yes and it will pop up again about 20 seconds later

Please help!

Message 4 of 15 (7,061 Views)

EA Staff

@razerblade01 

Please make sure that Origin is running with Administrator rights and that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.

Message 5 of 15 (6,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is similar. I didnt buy the game I'm trying the demo but it wont open it keeps saying about directory invalid like yours. I need help

Message 6 of 15 (6,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you fix the game directory thing? I can't fix it at all.

Message 7 of 15 (6,423 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

NickyMeowz to change the install dir of the Origin games, click on Origin in the client, choose application settings.
In the left menu, click on Advanced.http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Moving-Origin-Game-Folder/m-p/4081939#U4081939

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 15 (6,406 Views)

★★ Novice

I think this is going to work so if it does I thank you!! :D <3

Message 9 of 15 (6,194 Views)

Community Manager

@k3ndyll Glad to hear that. If it isn't please let us know so we can assist you further.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 15 (6,179 Views)