The Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup, November 2019 (Mac)

by Leandoerr

Original Post

The Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup, November 2019 (Mac)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello

I know there already is two other conversations about this topic, but i get so overwhelmed by all the suggestions, so now i want a concrete answer on what i should do to hopefully get this fixed.

Earlier today i installed The Sims 4 Discover University and two other packs (i bought a bundle), and at the same time i updated my game since i hadn´t played it in about a week. But as soon as i tried to open the game a sign that told me to install the legacy version poped up - so i did that. But when i tried to open my game after that again this sign poped up: 

Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

So basically i couldn´t open the game. I have tried multiply things to fix this. I have restarted Origin and my computer. I have repaired the game, and even reinstalled Origin. I have also tried to delete the EA folder from my computer, and i have tried to open the game offline. I have basically tried every single option possible.

I want to know if this is something that will get fixed soon, or if i have to ge a new computer to be able to run my game. I am pretty upset about this since i just got a lot of new packs that i want to use, and i can´t really afford to get a new computer right now. 

So please, if someone have an answer on what i can do next, or if i just will have to wait until EA fix this, tell me!

I will put liks to pictures on what version of a macbook i have, and also what the sign that pops up look like.

Message 1 of 1 (261 Views)