The Sims 3 "Upgrade" Available

by Sabriajin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 "Upgrade" Available

★★ Apprentice

I logged on today, and Origin is telling me that my Sims 3 game has an upgrade (NOT update) available at no extra cost. What is the upgrade? If I decide to upgrade, will I lose my saved games?

Message 1 of 2 (486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 "Upgrade" Available

@Sabriajin  I'm guessing you now have Origin Access, and so Origin is offering to "upgrade" you to the Access version.  There's no reason to do it though—that version is just the Starter Pack, i.e. the base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff.  There's no other content associated with it.

So if you already own both packs, you won't see a difference.  If you don't own one of the packs, you'll get to use it, but only for as long as your Access subscripton is active.  And if you play a save with Late Night in place, you may not be able to open it once LN is gone again.  (The risk is lower with HELS, but the items will still disappear.)

The other issue is that when you upgrade through Access, sometimes the entire game gets blocked when the subscription runs out.   This can be sorted out with a call to EA customer service, but that's kind of a pain.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (468 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Sims 3 "Upgrade" Available

@Sabriajin  I'm guessing you now have Origin Access, and so Origin is offering to "upgrade" you to the Access version.  There's no reason to do it though—that version is just the Starter Pack, i.e. the base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff.  There's no other content associated with it.

So if you already own both packs, you won't see a difference.  If you don't own one of the packs, you'll get to use it, but only for as long as your Access subscripton is active.  And if you play a save with Late Night in place, you may not be able to open it once LN is gone again.  (The risk is lower with HELS, but the items will still disappear.)

The other issue is that when you upgrade through Access, sometimes the entire game gets blocked when the subscription runs out.   This can be sorted out with a call to EA customer service, but that's kind of a pain.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (469 Views)