Message 31 of 42 (552 Views)

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not in Origin Library

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sorry dup post

Message 32 of 42 (529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is EA seriously saying that in order to use The Sims 2 Ultimate collection we have to be online using their client?! All the time? I want to play Sims 2 like I am used to playing it. Offline, not always online.  Can an EA Person answer this?

Message 33 of 42 (530 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Please see the update below:

Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps (this is for everyone)

1. Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
  2. Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
  3. Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
  4. From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
    I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
  5. If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.
  6. Log into Origin and download and play the game any time you want .

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

Source (EA): http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

@MadeaEinaj  Hi,  

That is correct, if you do want to play the Origin version, you will need to be able to connect online with your client. That said, you are totally fine to continue with your existing The Sims 2 disc versions, if you choose to so no Origin Client will be required. The Ultimate Collection is just a bonus for those that do want to experience some of content they had not seen originally. 

Cheers,

Nils

Message 34 of 42 (525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Nils wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Please see the update below:

Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps (this is for everyone)

1. Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
  2. Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
  3. Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
  4. From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
    I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
  5. If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.
  6. Log into Origin and download and play the game any time you want .

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

Source (EA): http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

@MadeaEinaj  Hi,  

That is correct, if you do want to play the Origin version, you will need to be able to connect online with your client. That said, you are totally fine to continue with your existing The Sims 2 disc versions, if you choose to so no Origin Client will be required. The Ultimate Collection is just a bonus for those that do want to experience some of content they had not seen originally. 

Cheers,

Nils

Thanks Nils.  Do you know if EA will Sell the collection as a boxed set? I would buy it no problem and I bet there are others who would too.

Message 35 of 42 (522 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@MadeaEinaj Unfortunately I am not aware of any plans for a release of a boxed set. I'd assume the main drawback would be the amount of discs required.

Should this change in the future however, we will let you know.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 36 of 42 (513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks Nils,

Another question. If you have the disc copies and need to reinstall them. Is the regular disc copy code going to work? Or are all those hard copy discs useless for reinstall now that EA won't be supporting the game?

Message 37 of 42 (503 Views)

Community Manager

You won't be able to add those on Origin, but they should work just fine for just installing the classic The Sims 2 game as always, from what I understand.

Message 38 of 42 (484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Nils, thank you

Message 39 of 42 (474 Views)

Community Manager
You are welcome, let me know if you run into any issues.

Cheers,
Nils
Message 40 of 42 (464 Views)