The Origin update is NOT an upgrade.

by Arocken1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Would someone please explain to me how the recent Origin update is really an upgrade?  What happened to the old addage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  I'm specifically referring to the removal of a perfectly functioning ability of the former Origin overlay for PC.  What happened to the chatroom capabilities?  Previously, I was able to create a room and have multiple people join so that we could all communicate as a team.  Now I can only directly link to one individual? (which I could also do before...)  I understand I may be able to broadcast my game now but what good is that if I can't talk to my team for best possible play?  Using the "Z" key to talk (in Titanfall) is clunky and the sound quality that way was and is horrible. 

I have to say this "upgrade" along with the other material I'm reading on Titanfall 2 is not very encouraging.  At this point, I doubt I will buy it when it hits in October...  

Message 1 of 3 (318 Views)

Re: The Origin update is NOT an upgrade.

★★★ Newbie

Another example is in the settings.  Why can't I have my friends list be the default screen?  The first thing I want to know is who is online when I start up a game.  Why would I need my games list displayed?  I know what games I have.  But right now my only choices are "Let Origin decide, my home, game library and store."  None of these are choices I would pick for a default screen...

Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)

Re: The Origin update is NOT an upgrade.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Seems like EA [Inappropriate comment removed - Admin.] and have no clue about whats going on now suddenly the beta client is back on critical update list and i don't want the new version only thing we can do now is uninstall and never buy or play EA games anymore.

Message 3 of 3 (284 Views)