The Instruction at 0x referenced memory at 0x The memory could not be read.

by BeerGogglesFTW

Original Post

Re: The Instruction at 0x referenced memory at 0x The memory could not be read.

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, its definitely annoying.

I tend to hit Shut Down and turn my monitor off in the same second, then my speakers. So I'll often hear a error noise telling me I have to turn my monitor back on so I can click ok for the Origin.exe error.

And then sometimes I turn my speakers off before the error, then I wake up and wonder why my computer never shut down the night before.

But now I'm fairly used to it and take the proper steps to avoid the error. i.e. Remembering to close Origin before hitting shut down.

Message 11 of 16 (4,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I take it back... I just bought a new HDD for storage and while I was installing I figured I might as well start my primary SSD off fresh too.

So I did a format of all drives and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro.

Just got everything installed and games downloaded back this morning.

Turned my computer off for the day, and Origin still gives me the same error message.

:-(

I was able to pin-point the problem for me.

The error with Origin only occurs when I'm running an application called "HsMgr Application" in the Windows startup programs.

I have 2 "HsMgr Application"s in the startup programs that look the same from the Task Manager (Same name)... When I look to the files they're different though:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe

C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe

This file: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe is the one I disabled from startup. Now Origin doesn't crash when I shut down.

From the looks of it through some google searches, these files are related to my ASUS Xonar Soundcard... So I'm not a fan of disabling them. I could be hindering my sound-card for the sake of preventing an Origin error.

I doubt I can expect a solution from ASUS, my drivers are the latest and from October 2015. So, I would think the only chance for a real solution would be from EA/Origin since that is the only program I can get this error from.

Message 12 of 16 (4,276 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@BeerGogglesFTW  I have the same issue here. And I am 100% sure that it's not from my side, but bcs of Origin!  I have a great stable PC with new 16GB RAM. I have reinstalled original Windows 10 Pro and the same error with Origin still ocures. 

They should fix this!

Message 13 of 16 (4,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Assuming you read my latest comment here... The problem is Origin conflicting with ASUS Xonar Soundcard software.

Since I run ASUS Xonar on 2 machines, the only solution currently is to disable one of the ASUS Xonar tasks from starting with the PC.

There are 2 "HsMgr Application"s in the startup programs that look the same from the Task Manager (Same name)... When I look to the files they're different though:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe

C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe

This file: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe is the one I disabled from startup.

Now Origin doesn't crash when I shut down. I've been running like this the last few months without an issue.

However this is a band-aid. Origin should fix this.

Message 14 of 16 (4,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

April 1st 2020 and this problem still exists.

I also have a Asus Xonar sound card

Origin is a Joke

Message 15 of 16 (2,564 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @patricknn have you tried the steps suggested in this thread to see if they help?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 16 (2,535 Views)