by serenrix

Original Post

Re: The Game Installation Directory is Invalid

★★★ Newbie

there isnt an advanced part

Message 11 of 18 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Super easy fix. Most of us probably store our games on external drives. 
I have been having this same issue with Sims 4 and expansion packs. 
The simplest solution is restoring the download locations to default and then after the download move the files back to where you'd like them stored. 
(Application Settings > Installs & Saves > On Your Computer > Restore to default Game Library Location & Legacy Game Installers) 

Message 12 of 18 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Super easy fix. Most of us probably store our games on external drives. 
I have been having this same issue with Sims 4 and expansion packs. 
The simplest solution is restoring the download locations to default and then after the download move the files back to where you'd like them stored. 
(Application Settings > Installs & Saves > On Your Computer > Restore to default Game Library Location & Legacy Game Installers) 

Message 13 of 18 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, 

I tried this and have been unsuccessful. Instead of having the "invalid" window pop up, the game seems to be opening but then the icon at the bottom of the screen disappears and nothing happens.

Message 14 of 18 (1,257 Views)

★ Novice

just for the future poor guys who will have the same problem and are looking up for a solution, it's very simple:

The problem occurs because origin is so stupid that it saves the temporary file of the download on the driver on which it's installed. So if you don't have enough space it won't allow you to change the download directory.

To solve the problem you just have to move the origin installation folder to the driver you want your games to be installed on.

you are welcome.

Message 15 of 18 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It doesnt work for me...i might be looking at outdated stuff but this is still a problem and when i go to application settings, there are no advanced settings or a place where i can see how the games are downloaded and such
Message 16 of 18 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks! This did it for me! First take ORIGIN GAMES folder out of program files, then put it where you want it, then change settings in ORIGIN app.
Message 17 of 18 (576 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem aswell, but I managed to fix it easily.

Assuming you are using an external drive or USB of some sort and are trying to install sims onto that. First, create a folder in the drive, can be named anything, and then when installing the game select the drive and then that folder. 

This did it for me Standard smile

Message 18 of 18 (455 Views)