Thanks for more releases on GOG.com! More ideas here.

by tfishell

Original Post

Re: Thanks for more releases on GOG.com! More ideas here.

★★★ Newbie

Heya ! Another goglodyte ticking in.

Thank you for embracing the DRM-free world even more. I am well aware EA has already very generously made its old titles freely available in the past, now selling on GoG is an even more good thing in my book. Wishing you all the success possible in the world publishing great games.

Loving them cheap and unprotected.

Message 11 of 26 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@RoboPond

Beasts and Bumpkins.. Heart

@mechmouse

I was amazed by the atmosphere of the first Alice. I also just bought a new surround speaker setup when playing it for the first time. Very immersive game and I would definitely love to see other players experience it for the first time (or again), like I did.

Message 12 of 26 (909 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Glad to see that someone else loves Beasts and Bumpkins. I'd love for that to make a comeback.

Also Alice was very good too. Though the PS3 release was a tad iffy (very bad framerate) but I did enjoy it on PC. Though I liked the new one Madness Returns more, the original is still very good. Like to see more from that franchise as well.

@tfishell

Also what about Sherlock Holmes? I know EA did The Case of the Seperated Scalpel back when they were under the Electronic Arts logo. (Thats about the only Sherlock game I played.)

Message 13 of 26 (886 Views)

★ Novice

Hello from GOG-land,

I also wanted to thank you for releasing these awesome games on GOG. I already own DA:O and Dead Space on Origin but will buy all three again on GOG. I hope i am writign this to correct place, this is my first post ever on EA forums. 

Message 14 of 26 (866 Views)

★ Novice

Many GOGers are rejoicing today.  Thank you for bringing these titles, and hopefully more soon, to GOG!  :eahigh_file:

Message 15 of 26 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The more the better Standard smile

Message 16 of 26 (801 Views)

EA DICE Team

It is great to see so many players happy and being able to enjoy some of their beloved games once more. I hope even more titles can be added in the future.. Standard smile

Message 17 of 26 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks for the response Tom. (The reason so many GOG forum users are posting here is because I made a thread on the GOG forum encouraging them to show support. Wink Hopefully sales of DA:O, DS, and SC3k are brisk and encourage EA to continue releasing more games on GOG (those already on Steam and old unreleased titles). I also want give special notice to the missing classic games from Origin Systems, Bullfrog, Maxis, and other former devs under EA's control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Electronic_Arts_games

Here's a hefty list of possibilities, if the lawyers can be bothered Wink

Command & Conquer series

Black & White series

Blade Runner

Dune series

Need for Speed series

American McGee's Alice

Alice: Madness Returns

Mass Effect series

EA's Lord of the Rings games

The Sims series

Sim Tower

Theme Park World (aka Sim Theme Park)

Battlefield series

Medal of Honor series

Sid Meier's Sim Golf

Sim Ant

Sim City 1/Original

Sim City 2000 Network Edition - https://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1d9j9k/multiplayer_simcity_like_its_1996/

SimTown, SimIsle, SimEarth, etc. (various Maxis "Sim" DOS titles)

Freedom Fighters

Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Antietam

Road Rash

Theme Park Inc

The Neverhood

Powermonger

Future Cop LAPD

Genewars

Hi-Octane

SimCopter

Spore

Beasts & Bumpkins

Archon series

Hard Nova

The Immortal

Strike series - Desert Strike, Urban Strike, Jungle Strike, Nuclear Strike

The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes

Wings of Glory

Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels

Jane's Combat Simulations series

Darklight Conflict

Queen: the eYe (one of the GOG forum users is very keen on seeing this)

Global Operations

Rail Simulator

Bantam73's old-school ideas:

ARCTICFOX

CHUCK YEAGER'S ADVANCED FLIGHT TRAINER

DAN DARE: PILOT OF THE FUTURE

PHM PEGASUS

GAME OVER 2

KEEF THE THIEF

SKYFOX

THE TRAIN: ESCAPE TO NORMANDY

Message 18 of 26 (728 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, another GOG user here.

As an older gamer I have a soft spot for games from the 80's and early 90's, games that I played on my Amstrad CPC and later my Amiga. I have a list of games that I would love to see up and running again, though I understand this may well prove difficult to achieve and I also don't know what sort of demand there is, but I thought I'd ask (beg!) anyway.

ARCTICFOX, THE IMMORTAL, POWERMONGER, CHUCK YEAGER'S ADVANCED FLIGHT TRAINER, DAN DARE: PILOT OF THE FUTURE, PHM PEGASUS, GAME OVER 2, KEEF THE THIEF, ROAD RASH, SKYFOX, SYNDICATE, SIMCITY, and THE TRAIN: ESCAPE TO NORMANDY.

Of your more recent titles, I would like to see The Sims games, The Mass Effect games, Spore, Black and White 1 & 2 and The Saboteur.

In closing, I too would like to thank you for bringing more games to GOG such as Dragon Age, SimCity 3000 and the superb Bard's Tale series and hope to see many more classics in the future.

Message 19 of 26 (718 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed you mentioned Syndicate; I assume you actually already know it's on GOG and Origin? Standard smile

Message 20 of 26 (695 Views)