Thanks for Contacting EA!

by masayumechan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Thanks for Contacting EA!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello! I am in a bit of a pickle regarding customer support.

Whenever I finish filling out my request and click chat now, I am greeted by a please wait screen in a new tab. 

As exciting as waiting can be, I have honestly waited for more than 5 hours (with an estimated wait time of 5-10 minutes.) 

Because the wait was so long, I no longer thought it was on EA's end (or maybe it is, I don't know yet) or it is due to my own computer/internet.

I have contacted a game advisor before about the TS2 Complete Collection and was very impressed by the friendly service, but that was quite a while ago. All I simply need from them is for them to either send me a 6-digit code (App Authenticator) as I have lost the codes or to turn the App Authentication off. I have not been able to go into my account for a few years now because of it. What is going on?

P.S - I have tried using Firefox as an alternative browser and IE, but the problem persists. Calling EA is also not an option for me.

Message 1 of 4 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Thanks for Contacting EA!

Hero

@masayumechan This does happen sometimes, unfortunately, and usually it's a problem with your browser. If using an alternative browser didn't work (though personally I'd use Chrome before IE or Firefox, but that's a personal preference), you might need to try emptying your browser cache. It has been many years since I've had IE or Firefox installed on my computer, so I can't remember how to do that exactly, but I imagine you'd find it somewhere in Options/Settings.

It's also possible that you have a browser addon that's interfering with the chat client, if you're using any browser addons try temporarily disabling/removing them, see if that helps.

Good luck Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,167 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@masayumechan This does happen sometimes, unfortunately, and usually it's a problem with your browser. If using an alternative browser didn't work (though personally I'd use Chrome before IE or Firefox, but that's a personal preference), you might need to try emptying your browser cache. It has been many years since I've had IE or Firefox installed on my computer, so I can't remember how to do that exactly, but I imagine you'd find it somewhere in Options/Settings.

It's also possible that you have a browser addon that's interfering with the chat client, if you're using any browser addons try temporarily disabling/removing them, see if that helps.

Good luck Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Leora85 I use chrome daily and firefox as an alternative. Unofrtunately I tried to disable add-ons in chrome (restarting it as well) and it showed no solution. I also checked firefox again for add-ons and made sure none were active. That didn't work either. I'm going to try to clear my caches and see if it fixes. Confused

EDIT: It worked. I was able to contact an advisor quite quickly, actually. (it worked on firefox).

Message 3 of 4 (978 Views)

Community Manager

@masayumechan Thanks for updating the community that you were finally able to get in touch with an EA Advisor, thanks to the advice from Niah_Dark.

We hope everything has been resolved, but let us know if you still have any questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (940 Views)