Re: TROPICO 5 GAME SETUP ERROR

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TROPICO 5 GAME SETUP ERROR

★★★ Newbie

So I purchased Tropico 5 from the Origin store, and I install no problem, but when I go to start the game I get the error saying

"There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game."

I have reinstalled about 5 times already and nothing. I have tried running in Windows 7 and 8 compatibility mode, as well as admin, but have had no luck. I've tried to see if any drivers are outdated or possibly bad, but everything seems fine. I just wanna play this game lol. I've attached my DxDiag,txt for help.

BTW my computer knowledge is okay, I just need to be talked through it.

Thank you and I hope someone helps me out. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

This issue @JaviBoricua97 cam be caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,170 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

This issue @JaviBoricua97 cam be caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI,

having the same problem in 2021... =D

Described solutions don't work. Downloaded the latest VC ++ via the link you posted, deinstalled and reinstalled tropico after that... no change.

Please Help!!

Message 3 of 4 (598 Views)

Community Manager

DId you install both files @zwackelbrenk?

As Tropico 5 is not an EA game then the level of support that we can offer is limited.

It is worth reaching out to the publisher/developer for further info: https://www.haemimontgames.com/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (595 Views)