Original Post

Re: Suspicious eMail

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Did you contact a Game Adviser? 

Message 11 of 65 (53,375 Views)

Re: Suspicious email

Hero (Retired)

Seems like it is a real email @logical2u @Gorath_the_Elder. From the account recovery page you only need to enter a username to request a reset email. Someone probably just typed the wrong username.

Real email looks like this - the same one you have.

Message 12 of 65 (53,374 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@logical2u @MorningTimeCloud @Gorath_the_Elder

I can confirm that the email you've received is legitimate. If you are still concerned then I would recommend to read our article on maintaining account safety. It details how you can recognize a fraudulent email. Just know that our legitimate emails always have a domain name ending on .ea.com. Even if it would be random.ea.com. For example, ea.e.com would not be legitimate.

As for the reasons why you got this email. Someone might have entered the wrong email or username when trying to reset their password. But at the same time it could also be someone trying to get into your account. Please double-check that your email address is secure as well. If you are hesitant about anything then you can always contact a Game Advisor to have them verify your account security.

Message 13 of 65 (423,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You know, that you can manipulate the mail-address of the sender, right?

I got the same mail and because of that, i changed my password via origin instead of the link in the mail.

The mail i got from EA looks a bit different:

* EA calls you by your EA nickname, not your mail-address

* In Thunderbird, the sender was refered as "EA", in the suspisious mail it was "Origin"

* Thunderbird do not sees this mail as phishing threat, but the suspisious one.

If you have some knowledge about that, try looking into the source code of the suspisious mail.

Message 14 of 65 (46,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also received an email like that. But I changed my password through Origin website, not through the link in the email.

Anyway, Origin itselft didn't tell me anything.

And, like lichtscheu13, in the email, EA calls me by my email address. Same with the "Origin" title, instead of "EA".

Message 15 of 65 (45,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

same happened to me, like, right now, i also suspected of a similar email and googled for similar issues. This is very strange indeed....

and i also dont loggin on the origin account for months...

the sender was: [edit: email address removed] 

Cheers, Nerz.

Message 16 of 65 (45,611 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Nerzhus

We do sometimes send an automated password reset to accounts that have been flagged as at risk. For example when someone from another region suddenly tries to login to your account.

Message 17 of 65 (45,531 Views)

Origin EA Phishing Scam?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I got an email to a email client account that I Did not recall ever using for registration:

The Domain Site has a E in it and this is different than the website of EA.com so .. Until this is verified I would not do anything with the email you get like mine and contact EA or the threads here where Support can reply and help you verify everything but I believe this could be a phishing Email.

Strange thing is the Email URLS trace to Canada in a town callled Egg _____ (I Dont remember the last name of the town)

www.EA.Com Goes to U.K and then Switzerland

Message 18 of 65 (20,244 Views)

Re: Origin EA Phishing Scam?

EA DICE Team

@brickstin

Anything coming from an address that ends with ea.com is considered safe - this includes an address ending with e.ea.com.

What you should look out for is if the displayed url is actually redirecting to somewhere else. For example, you could receive an official looking email from EA containing a link that goes to example.e.ea.com - however upon hovering over the link you see that you're being redirected to example.scam.com. This is a fake email.

The email that you've received seems to be from us, but if you want to be completely sure then also check out the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/phishing-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Lastly, I've edited your reply to remove the information that might isn't necessary to answer your question.

Message 19 of 65 (26,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can you confirm this email (attached) to be legit?

I received it about 7 hours ago, and only noticed it now.

The Game (Dead in Bermuda) is nowhere present on my PC, and I certainly did not purchase it or enter any promotional site to claim it. Also, why the hell is the email in Russian when my account is clearly in English? Bizarre indeed, dodgy as hell

Message 20 of 65 (36,233 Views)