Survey promo code not working - no discount being applied!

by Nek0jin

Original Post

Re: Survey promo code not working - no discount being applied!

★★ Novice

Ten to one that Mass Effect is one of the 'certain partner titles distributed by Origin' that the code isn't valid for.

Message 51 of 71 (1,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

currently on the phone with someone to figure out this problem with ME3, saying it should work with promo code, he's gone to see what could be wrong.

Edit: They are having technical issues with the new promo codes as well, the man who talked to me got me my discount, so I'm happy, but they are still having problems with how the codes are reacting.

As a general suggestion, I would like to say that if your trying to buy a game and the application of Origin isn't working with the code try it with all the browsers that you have access too. Origin store can be a bit glitchy on Chrome or Firefox, so try out Internet Explorer or Safari, just to be safe.

Hope things start working out for everyone else.

Have a great day everyone. Be patient I'm sure they'll get it all fixed.

Message 52 of 71 (1,017 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

For those that received the new code, here is a list of all the games that are eligible: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID=60369300%26childCat...

Please note that the older code (OS3874XVC) is no longer valid, as it has been disabled.

Message 53 of 71 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't understand how changing my subscription options will get me the new

promo code as this email reply would have me do.

To manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to Answer HQ.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarkstab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.
Message 54 of 71 (956 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad you got Mass Effect 3 rinwatergirl.

I tried again and its still glitching out. I checked the list EA put out and ME3 is not on it....I think I am just going to wait for a sale at my local Best Buy and pick up the disc copy version and load it via Origin that way.

I tried picking Dragon Age 2 instead and again, code just keeps glitching.

Forget it.....this is why I like Steam, EA has a lot of work to do on this digital service. Weak.....

Message 55 of 71 (949 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got my code and got a free $20 game. I was unhappy at first when the first code didn't work

and read all the other unhappy peoples posts. Not one that I read mentioned the fact that this

mess was caused by dishonest people and not by EA. This is kind of like expecting a person

that was mugged to give you free money and blaming him instead of the criminal that took

his money.

Thanks EA

Message 56 of 71 (898 Views)

★ Novice

I've filled out the survey, recieved my old code but I never recieved my new code. Didn't find out i needed a new one until i decided to buy NFS: Hot Pursuit for the PC tonight. Any way that I could get one sent to me?

Message 57 of 71 (890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I too filled out the first survey - got the old code that did not work. I have yet to receive a new code.....

I have a case number....we'll see what happens.....

Message 58 of 71 (851 Views)

★ Novice

Must it be for ONLY PC games? I'm not a PC gamer, I don't even have a strong enough PC to play any games on it. I received the new code, and I was hoping to get Alice Madness Returns for the Xbox 360. When I tried to apply the code, nothing happened. Not even an "invalid code" message.

Message 59 of 71 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It appears to only work for PC downloads!  What a waste of my time!  EA, you have finally lost a longtime customer.  EA just keeps getting worse and worse.  Not the same company is used to be.  So sad!

Message 60 of 71 (816 Views)