[Suggestion] Unified Save Location

by Chaython

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Suggestion] In game properties, all in-game settings

★ Apprentice

For first party titles this should be easy to add

When you click a game and select properties/settings there should be a "in-game settings tab" so I can change the graphics settings outside of game, this well definitely help on lower end systems launching for the first time... Being able to change the settings outside of game will also allow me to troubleshoot crashes/failing to launch titles

Message 1 of 8 (1,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Suggestion] In game properties, all in-game settings

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I believe it only verifies the game files with the server at the install location, if you want to reset/edit the settings from outside the game you must delete[it will rebuild itself on launch]/open in notepad \Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\PROSAVE

Thanks, always surprised when staff don't know how games they represent are allocated 

#I_wish_I_could_be_an_EA_tech

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,673 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Chaython

Hi,

The Repair Game function should reset you game files, so that can be used if you experience any games crashes.

I do like your suggestions to improve that function - will forward this so we might be able to get something like this added in the future.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 8 (1,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, Tom. All of my issues ever have been related to game/driver settings, not corrupt or missing files. 

For novice PC gamers who use their drivers "optimized graphics" can note in Battlefield 4 Raptr will set mantle as the renderer however in the newest few radeon drivers mantles can cause a bsod

Also some games run at too large of a resolution, or too small of a resolution on first run, which can cause "mode not supported"[on monitor/television] when in an exclusive full screen mode[hence why Microsoft opted to run all apps borderless window rather than full screen exclusive]

Message 3 of 8 (1,553 Views)

[Suggestion] Unified Save Location

★ Apprentice

I hate how some games save to \Documents\ some save to user\name\ some save to a subfolder of the game and some save to a sub directory of Users\name\AppData 

It would be great if you guys could enforce a unified save location, for easier save management, Microsoft has had some incredibly under utilized features for the past 10 years; such as a folder called "saved games" Users\name\Saved Games

Seriously a bit of a rant, but why the heck can't any developer use this folder? They just want people to lose their save data when migrating, or cleaning their system? They wish registry errors on us?

Or why not go the Linux root and have everything save under the game's directory, so it doesn't have to use Windows terrible registry system!

Thanks

Message 4 of 8 (1,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

EDIT: Please create one post for your suggestions.

@Chaython

I thought that Repair Game reset all your files which included your custom preferences such as graphical settings. I could however be wrong on that.

In any case, I will forward your feedback. Your further clarification is highly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Message 5 of 8 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I believe it only verifies the game files with the server at the install location, if you want to reset/edit the settings from outside the game you must delete[it will rebuild itself on launch]/open in notepad \Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\PROSAVE

Thanks, always surprised when staff don't know how games they represent are allocated 

#I_wish_I_could_be_an_EA_tech

Message 6 of 8 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Chaython

Repairing does indeed not reset your settings.

However, deleting your files in the Documents folder will currently also give the result of resetting your in-game settings.

Note: I'm a Community Manager here, not the main tech guy - I forward feedback posted by our players, but I do help out whenever I can.

Message 7 of 8 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The new update wont work for properties tab

Message 8 of 8 (1,458 Views)