Suddenly can't access my origin account...

by l0ver0sie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suddenly can't access my origin account...

★★★ Newbie

I have been using Origin to play the Sims games since Sims 3 switched to it and Sims 4 came out. Just last week I was playing the Sims 4 (with game packs, EP's, and stuff packs) with no trouble. Since last night, despite the fact that I ALWAYS click "remember me" when logging in, I am unable to log in at all. I know that I accidentally made two accounts in the past, but I'm only able to get into the wrong one... I don't know why I suddenly can't get into my account, I haven't had problems this entire time that I've used Origin up until now. I have tried all email/password combos that I typically would use, and have never had issues getting in with one of those in the past. I don't remember changing my password, so I don't know why my usual passwords won't work. Essentially, because I can't log into my Origin account, I can't play a game I have been playing for years and already put lots of money into despite the fact that I have all the content within my own damn computer (very stupid that I need to use the internet and a sign in just to access my own content!). 

I attempted to reset my password but the emails aren't being sent to me (unless it's attached to an email that I can't get into-- which is possible... but it's an old email I can't imagine I would have used for Origin). There's also no way for me to enter my account via security questions and I can't call EA support myself apparently... I have tried to initiate an online support chat with EA and never got a response (despite the fact that it was supposed to be a 15 minute wait). I have asked for them to call me, but supposedly it's going to take five hours. This is my only day off and I really wanted to play the games I have already paid probably hundreds of dollars total for, yet I can't get into my own account (literally made a purchase last week on it) and I can't get in contact with anyone who can help. This has been an hours long, VERY FRUSTRATING experience and I want to resolve it ASAP. 

So basically, I'm just wondering if:
a) you think its possible my account was hacked
b) I can contact EA directly

c) I can play my own games somehow without encountering Origin at least temporarily (although I would like to get into my account eventually so I can continue to purchase Sims content if I want and download updates) 
d) there's anything else I can do
e) I can complain to someone about this horrible system 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (27,161 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suddenly can't access my origin account...

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 2 (34,367 Views)

All Replies

Re: Suddenly can't access my origin account...

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 2 (34,368 Views)