Suddenly badges earned after years of doing nothing?

by rain2reign

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suddenly badges earned after years of doing nothing?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I have my EA account, since 2011 and my Answers HQ account, since 2014. Those are the dates registered according to my profiles. And today 2 hours ago (at time of writing) i receive two emails all of sudden that i have two new badges earned. I don't mind the badges part, but i am wondering why now after several years i get these emails. And yes in case some are wondering, they are registered to today's date (the badges). Even though i have this account and yes i am aware that my EA and HQ account are one and the same, i haven't posted nor replied to any posts on the forum thus far or at least not that i am recalling. Is there anyone that can shed some light on this for me?

Thank you kindly in advance.

- rain2reign

Message 1 of 6 (4,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suddenly badges earned after years of doing nothing?

EA Staff

@rain2reign Generally logging in to Origin client shouldn't trigger the badges to be granted. There was Beta version of Origin available for a short time earlier today (and will be again soon) which may have triggered it.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (5,005 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@rain2reign Could it be that you just recently logged in to either Help.EA.com or here on Answers HQ? The badges were a new addition to AHQ last September and are now granted upon first log in. 

Generally, a new user joining AHQ would only get the 'The Noob' badge, but if you took some other actions prior to the badges release then these would be awarded as well.

Hope this explains things!

Message 2 of 6 (4,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

To be honest apart from registrating for AHQ in 2014 and looking up some questions regarding bugs for DA:I back in that same time. I haven't been on AHQ ever since, which should at least be a bit over a year of non-activity let alone logging in. Which is what is puzzling me. I do however, automatically login in the Origin Desktop client if that makes a difference?

Message 3 of 6 (4,698 Views)

EA Staff

@rain2reign Generally logging in to Origin client shouldn't trigger the badges to be granted. There was Beta version of Origin available for a short time earlier today (and will be again soon) which may have triggered it.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 4 of 6 (5,006 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi I am signed up for the beta version updates for Origin with automatic updates. That might have triggered it for some reason, if that is entirely possible. So i guess should be the 'culprit' to this sudden behaviour. 

Thank you for your quick replies and help! Standard smile 

Message 5 of 6 (4,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@rain2reign Anytime Standard smile

We will be looking into this from our end a bit more thoroughly and if we have any other news I'll come back to the thread!

Message 6 of 6 (4,676 Views)