Re: Stolen Account and Changed Password Help

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stolen Account and Changed Password Help

★★ Novice

Hi, I think that my Origin account has been stolen. The password has been changed and recent packs were purchased that I did not buy. It did not come out of my bank account. I can't change my password because I don't know what the person who stole my account changed it to. I am having a really hard time finding a way to contact EA to resolve this issue. I tried clicking links to EA live help, but just get a bad gateway error message.

I can log into my account here, but when I try to change the password, I need the one that the person who stole it changed it to.  I tried clicking the "Forget your password" highlighted in blue on the Origin login, but it doesn't open a link.

Message 1 of 4 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I've resolved this issue. I thought it had been hacked/stolen because the password wasn't being accepted, but I unchecked the pop-up block in my internet options, and it works now.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, looking around these forums, maybe it's just that the servers are down and that's why it's not accepting my password. I am still trying to figure out how a stuff pack that I know I didn't buy recently appeared in my Sims 4 Game?

Message 2 of 4 (400 Views)

★★ Novice

I've resolved this issue. I thought it had been hacked/stolen because the password wasn't being accepted, but I unchecked the pop-up block in my internet options, and it works now.

Message 3 of 4 (392 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @papillonv30.

Enjoy your games.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (339 Views)