Steam world dig doesn't launch

by nobodies_romeo

Original Post

Steam world dig doesn't launch

★ Novice

I've been able to play it previously but now it won't launch and crashes on the splash screen

Message 1 of 17 (2,892 Views)

Re: Steam world dig doesn't launch

★★★ Novice

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Message 2 of 17 (2,483 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Vinay_Rayne what exactly is the issue that you are having?

As Steamworld Dig is a non-EA title then the level of support that we can offer is limited but if you let us know a little information then we will see what we can do to help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 17 (2,435 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I just launch the game and the following exact things happen:

1. Origin is minimized

2. Screen darkens for a brief moment indicating the game has launched

3. The black screen disappears whilst the process for the game remains running on task manager. However, the game never launches.

Can you help me out? I think this is a basic crash fix issue...

Message 4 of 17 (2,386 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Vinay_Rayne can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Just so you are aware, as the game is a non-EA title then the level of support we can offer may be limited.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 17 (2,359 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Here is the dxdiag information you requested.

Message 6 of 17 (2,300 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Vinay_Rayne, your GPU would be on the lower end of the minimum specs required to run the game. 

Can you start by ensuring that the game is launching form your dedicated GPU and not your integrated one.

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

• Open "Nvidia Control Panel".
  • Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  • Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.
  • Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Your DxDiag is also showing a number of issues with your system so I would suggest using the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system file: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 17 (2,258 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Wow thanks... The dedicated GPU option was already selected which didn't work out with the steps you mentioned either way. I will check the repair thing before I do anything else.
Message 8 of 17 (2,219 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I did both and I dont find anything working out for me. My System seems fine after the File check and starting the game with deidcated GPU didnt work either.
Message 9 of 17 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko For some reason it works now when I picked the default GPU over my nVidia GPU or Auto GPU mode.
Message 10 of 17 (2,187 Views)