Star wars battlefront beta crashes after i press enter

by Jonobang

Original Post

Star wars battlefront beta crashes after i press enter

★★★ Novice

So basically after i start up the game it brings up a very glitchy looking start screen and once i press enter it crashes and brings up a direct x error of some kind saying my card crashed. ive played games requiring a 2 gig vram card before without issues and just setting the game to low settings, i have no idea why this wouldn't have the same ability.

My dxdiag is attatched. Also i have already tried updating my drivers and restarting, didn't fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5 (447 Views)

Re: Star wars battlefront beta crashes after i press enter

★★★★★ Expert

Your GPU is old and it is very slow. 

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6670
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6758)
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

It would make no difference whether you had twice the minimum VRAM with such a slow video device, sorry.  You'll have to replace it, and probably the power supply as well. 

Message 2 of 5 (430 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  I have a AMD Redeon 5900 Series. My PC freezes after I hit enter then I need to restart because it frozen and nothing movies.

Message 3 of 5 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Not enough information.  This guide applies to any game, NOT limited to just the DA: I game at all:  
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-ques...

How to get a DxDiag and put it into a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

If Hastebin is still screwed up, you can use Pastebin also. 

Message 4 of 5 (419 Views)

★★★ Novice

actually i got it to work perfectly after someone said to enter this:-novid -noborder -windowed into the launch properties, works like a charm thanks for the response though.

Message 5 of 5 (407 Views)