Message 11 of 15 (329 Views)

Re: Spore expansions for Mac

EA DICE Team

@Samuel-M-S-10

It's been a pleasure.. Standard smile

Message 12 of 15 (325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's so unfair! I loved this game when I was just a kid, and now that I'm older I find that spore has been left in the dirt to rot!? It is real shame that EA can't be bothered to update such a wonderfully creative and unique game so that all may have the chance to play it, both PC and MAC users alike. With all the new technology that is available now in the year of 2017, one would think that y'all would jump on the chance to capitalize on the opportunity to reboot Spore.

But I suppose we'll all just have to wait until either EA decides to give a *, or someone brimming with untapped potential takes up the mantle and creates a better, more up to date Spore. 

Message 13 of 15 (269 Views)

You could try and pester GOG on their boards about the Mac version. They have a DRM free Windows version that works fine on the more recent OS (Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 10) and they always try to add the other OS (Linux, MacOS) for the games they sell.

GOG is specialized in ressurecting old games, making sure that the games will work on the most recent operating system. 

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games

Use the add wish feature and name it Spore Mac version. If a wish reaches a large number, the odds to be taken into consideration and fulfilled are way better. 

Spore for Mac had problems with the newer MacOS versions quite fast after the launch. And i guess that the EA sales of Spore on Mac weren't big enought to continue the support.

With the release of the Windows version on GOG, there might be a chance that a Mac version would come out, having compatibility with the most recent MacOS. I'd say it worths a try, though you will have to probably rebuy the game there. Personally i rebought a lot of games from them for two big reasons: DRM free and the compatibility with the modern operating systems. I have quite a few EA titles from them and not only from EA. GOG has contracts with all the major publishers, though their main attractions are the old games. They have a really curated indie catalog and some more recent titles (Dying Light, Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 are just a few of the major attractions).

I doubt that EA would say no, if GOG would try to update the Mac version of Spore, in order to make the game compatible with the most recent MacOS.

To be honest, i love Mac for work stuff (MacOS is still great for video editing and graphics), but if i want to play, i will always choose a Windows desktop or a console.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 14 of 15 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thks for the solution, however whenever I try to add my whish it brings me back to the homepage, any advice?

Message 15 of 15 (254 Views)