Re: Spore expansions for Mac

by Samuel-M-S-10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore expansions for Mac

★★★ Newbie

I have had Spore on my Mac for some time now, and I decided to buy the two expansions (Galactic Adventure and Creepy & Cute). On the Origins website, the system requirements for both state that it works for a Mac. So I ordered both. Now, when I go into Origins to download them, they say they are for PC only. Everywhere online I look, it says that Spore and its expansions work for Mac as well as PC, so how can I get them to work on my Mac.

Secondarily, if there is now way to get them to work, I would like to get a refund. But there is not button to request a refund on my Orders page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 15 (1,443 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Samuel-M-S-10 @rexigon

So I chased this up for the both of you: Spore wasn't originally released for Mac. We later did make an updated Mac version which only included the base game. The expansions never did receive this update, which is the reason why you won't find them on the Origin store.

I did manage to forward your feedback that there are players out there who would love to play the expansions on their Mac as well. While the feedback has been received, I have to be honest in that I don't expect that we will release Mac updates for the Spore expansions. But, the request has been put in.

I hope this answers your questions. And with that I will leave you by wishing you both a pleasant evening.

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (1,620 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

They do indeed work for Mac, I am cruently looking into there removal from the Origin Store. The only way I know to get them on Mac is to purchase the Disk Versions of the game which can be found on online shopping services, thats how I got mine, On that note Creepy and Cute works fine but the Disk version of Galatic Adventures requires the disk to be in whilst playing. Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 15 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also I managed to get a refund by contacting Origin Support

Message 3 of 15 (1,417 Views)

EA DICE Team

@rexigon @Samuel-M-S-10

Spore is still available, for Mac, on the Origin store:

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/spore/mac-pc-download/base-game/standard-edition#systemRequir...

So you are currently in the Mac version of Origin but unable to download Spore? Could you perhaps add a screenshot of what you are seeing on your screen?

Message 4 of 15 (1,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for trying but we meant the SPORE expansions, Spore Galatic Adventures and Spore Creepy and Cute Parts Pack

This: https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/spore-galactic-adventures-ep1-/pc-download/addon/spore-galact...

and this: https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/spore-bp-1/pc-download/addon/spore-creepy--cute-parts-pack

Message 5 of 15 (1,394 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Samuel-M-S-10 @rexigon

Thanks for the clarification. I checked the Origin store and our system to see if there are Mac codes available for these expansions. Sadly it seems they are not. 

If you purchased the games through Origin and you are now unable to play then I would recommend to contact our EA Advisors via EA Help to see if they will be able to refund the game for you:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

Message 6 of 15 (1,385 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, I know that this might be a little much to ask of you, but could you see if you could talk to anyone who overseas these things just to see if we could get them back on the store. It would be greatly appreichieated.

Message 7 of 15 (1,381 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Samuel-M-S-10

I can definitely do that for you.. Standard smile

I won't be able to personally update you on the outcome, but I will put in the request.

Message 8 of 15 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much, this means a lot to me, maybe there's a chance that I can play SPORE GA without feeling like i'm sitting next to a broken jet engine

Message 9 of 15 (1,377 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Samuel-M-S-10 @rexigon

So I chased this up for the both of you: Spore wasn't originally released for Mac. We later did make an updated Mac version which only included the base game. The expansions never did receive this update, which is the reason why you won't find them on the Origin store.

I did manage to forward your feedback that there are players out there who would love to play the expansions on their Mac as well. While the feedback has been received, I have to be honest in that I don't expect that we will release Mac updates for the Spore expansions. But, the request has been put in.

I hope this answers your questions. And with that I will leave you by wishing you both a pleasant evening.

Message 10 of 15 (1,621 Views)