Re: Sort by Latest Post by Default

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Sort by Latest Post by Default

Community Manager (retired)

Currently, there does not seem to be a discernable difference when it comes to new posts or old posts, and where they line up within the forums. The current "Linear Format" doesn't seem to have any specific way of sorting the posts, either by thread title, thread starter, or other metric.

The option for viewing by Latest Post is available in the drop down, but that should be the default option while browsing, with the newest threads at the top below the stickied threads.

Message 1 of 4 (553 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think this is a good idea. I was quite bamboozled by the fact that it didn't already display posts by the latest post setting, as most other forums/discussion communities do use that feature. Was very weird when I realized it doesn't work here. :P

Message 2 of 4 (552 Views)

Hero

Could this have something to do with the threads being moved from other sections. I've noticed that thread that are being moved are always on top.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I moved this thread to the Answer HQ help forum. Which in addition to giving all of us the possibility to discuss this issue, shows that crinrict is correct in her assumption: Moved threads show up at the top of the board. Which is a little unfortunate but something we cannot change at the moment.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 4 (534 Views)