Re: Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Origin

by spitfiresiemion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Something went wrong during the installation. Please reinstall Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

so today i decided to restart my system and then loaded origin it attempted to update then i received the above message it happened twice after a quick goggle searching i find this exact issue is over a year old and has no official fix what the * is wrong with origin? are they trying to drive people away with their client?

its slow

its dated

it cant even update itself properly 

are they going to fix the * t thing or just leave it and call it a "feature"?

perhaps they should scrap their client and just release everything on steam/GoG since they actually * work and update without issues

Message 1 of 7 (1,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

What worked for me (as I had this issue at least 3 or 4 times) was quite simple... I logged out of Origin, made sure that Origin.exe is not running and deleted Origin folder (not Origin Games though). Then I rebooted my laptop, downloaded Origin installation file from the official Origin site and installed it from the scratch. That's more or less it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,988 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

What worked for me (as I had this issue at least 3 or 4 times) was quite simple... I logged out of Origin, made sure that Origin.exe is not running and deleted Origin folder (not Origin Games though). Then I rebooted my laptop, downloaded Origin installation file from the official Origin site and installed it from the scratch. That's more or less it.

If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 7 (1,989 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello.
If nothing helped, try use my script for clean of Origin data and reinstall it. Download it, delete .txt in name and run it as Admin.

Message 3 of 7 (1,705 Views)

Community Manager

@Cerberus-Shepard Hi,

Have you been able to try the suggestions posted? Let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 7 (1,689 Views)

★★★★ Novice

spitfiresiemion solution seems to have worked for now and i have granted XP for it but i do not want to do this every time i restart  my computer  nor should i or anyone. it proves there is something seriously wrong with the origin client for this issue to still exist after 18+months. You would think that a company that can produce some incredible story's could at least create a simple distribution client that is not a bad joke

Message 5 of 7 (1,680 Views)

Hero (Retired)

To be fair, it should not happen after every reset... I had this problem only a couple of times since the year started, and I think that the only common point was that in both cases it happened after Windows updated itself.

Message 6 of 7 (1,666 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Cerberus-Shepard

The problem shouldn't occur again. If it does, then please reply to this thread with a dxdiag.

Message 7 of 7 (1,652 Views)