Someone trying to hack account

by Elithian87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Someone trying to hack account

★ Apprentice

So my account is protected after I noticed it was hacked a while back. I set up security and made it so when logging in you have to have a code that is directly sent to my phone. So I just recently like 10 minutes ago got 2 codes sent to my phone, the remark before the number was in Ukrainian. I am just posting to ask is it safe or should I switch over to the app instead for making my account even stronger?

Message 1 of 3 (412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Someone trying to hack account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Elithian87 Hi,

If you are getting a code sent for confirmation and it arrives on your phone your account should still be secure. That said, if some account details had been posted on the Russian social media site, I would suggest to speak with an EA Advisor to see whether you can change some of your account details (e.g. email address, user name, password) to stop people from attempting to take over your account, which would keep triggering the message to your phone.

You can read more about account security here and here.

Last but not least, if you mouse over my name on the left and click on "send message" in the bottom left of the pop up window, you can share the link with me in private, that had listed your account details. This way I can forward this to our security team to see whether there are any other accounts listed there and we can then warn other users about this, reset their passwords and request for the information to be taken down from VK.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (440 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Apparently my account was posted on VK the russian facebook is what its called. That's how they managed to get my information.

Message 2 of 3 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Elithian87 Hi,

If you are getting a code sent for confirmation and it arrives on your phone your account should still be secure. That said, if some account details had been posted on the Russian social media site, I would suggest to speak with an EA Advisor to see whether you can change some of your account details (e.g. email address, user name, password) to stop people from attempting to take over your account, which would keep triggering the message to your phone.

You can read more about account security here and here.

Last but not least, if you mouse over my name on the left and click on "send message" in the bottom left of the pop up window, you can share the link with me in private, that had listed your account details. This way I can forward this to our security team to see whether there are any other accounts listed there and we can then warn other users about this, reset their passwords and request for the information to be taken down from VK.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 3 (441 Views)