Someone is on my account

by aidyj19

Original Post

Someone is on my account

★★★ Newbie

So basically about a week ago I was on my account and looked at the transfer list to see players I had not bought it listed. This was reoccurring and was happening everyday until today where I can no longer get into my account as someone is playing on it. They are on the new generation of console and I have no control over it as it’s an old email and password I have forgotten and can’t reset can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3 (457 Views)

Re: Someone is on my account

Champion (Retired)

Hi @aidyj19 

I’m afraid you will need to contact an EA adviser regarding your account as we can’t do anything with your account on here.

You can contact an EA adviser here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

The following link should give you more info on this:

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/secure-hacked-ea-account/

Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

Re: Someone is on my account

Community Manager

Hi @aidyj19

It sounds like you're describing a compromise. I'd start with reporting this to the support team and resecuring your account. I'll outline below the steps to follow:

1. Contact Support: To start, please send in a Help Ticket to our support team asap through https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ for phone or chat support.
  2. Start Resecuring your accounts: Next, while waiting to connect with an advisor, read through this EA Help article and start resecuring your EA Account: What to do if your EA Account has been hacked. It's a good idea to re-secure any connect accounts also i.e. PSN, Xbox, email account, etc. 
  3. Use Best Practices: Finally, once you've made those changes and resecured your accounts, please keep these best practice tips in mind for protecting your EA account details and renewed security measures (click spoiler tag to expand and view them)
    Spoiler
    • Log out of any devices you share with others once you're finished or if you are leaving your own device unattended for any length of time.
    • Please make sure to not to share your account information or security details with others. 
    • Never reveal your account password. Our support team will never ask you to share that information with us.
    • Only enter your EA account details into official EA websites. 
    • Be aware of fake give-aways surveys or support teams. On social Media official EA accounts will be marked with a ✔️ by their name so look out for those ticks. If unsure, you can always ask us here on Answers HQ, on help.ea.com or by reaching out to our EA Help Twitter Support team

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (352 Views)