Someone changed the email address of my account

by bananajunior11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Someone changed the email address of my account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Today I got an email saying "Your EA Account Email Changed" , with a new email address with (probably) a random name.

I can't login into my account, I can't request to reset my password, I can't do anything.....

Also, why the hell would you let someone change his email account without any kind of permission from his old email account?! Doing this makes knowing my password the only thing you need to know in order to change the email address, and getting a password to an account isn't such a hard thing to do apparently....

At the very least you should send an email saying "Do you want to change your email address?" and if there is no reply (because the person who wants to change his email address can't access his email) only then you should let him change said email address....

Anyways... I am now stuck without any way of getting into my account, any information needed to solve the problem I would like to send in private. Thank you and have a good day.

Message 1 of 8 (21,603 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Someone changed the email address of my account

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@bananajunior11

You will require the assistance of a Game Advisor for any account changes that you are unable to make yourself:

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (21,712 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@bananajunior11

You will require the assistance of a Game Advisor for any account changes that you are unable to make yourself:

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Message 2 of 8 (21,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very soon, EA will be sued, they're vulnerable to internet hack. I had the same issue with someone changing my email address to a random email. My advice to anyone that has the same issue is to first call your bank and change your credit card linked to your EA Account asap. This is getting ridiculous with EA. 

Thanks,

Dave

Message 3 of 8 (20,023 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BananaJunior11 You should be careful what you wish for, because now EA has created an intractable system where even if you KNOW the password to your Origin account, but not your Email, you can't change the Email without going through a BROKEN webform: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Case-history-empty/td-p/8211708

And that webform controls everything. No support rep, no chat advisor, no community manager can help with ANYTHING except:

1 - link to help articles

2 - link to the BROKEN webform

So congrats on making life hell for the long term. There are other solutions; what about backup emails for example?
Message 4 of 8 (19,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

someone changed my email address too. i didnt get any notification on my old email

Message 5 of 8 (5,712 Views)

★★ Novice
@bustahighmin Don't worry I have face this issue before and I contact the help support and get back the account make sure bro you have access to the your email.
Message 6 of 8 (5,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you do that @Pakora09  ? i cant open a new case

Message 7 of 8 (5,216 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, going to lock this thread as it's 7 years old.

If having an issue please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we'll do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (5,208 Views)