[Solved] "This promo code has expired"

by Xavje

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved] "This promo code has expired"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

Yesterday and today I've been trying to buy Sim City: Complete Edition. Yesterday I got the same error; as soon as I try to click "Add to cart" the cart icon pops up saying "This promo code has expired". The "more information" link it gives me brings me to a page that doesn't display this specific error. I have added a screenshot of the error and the button (error covers the button).

The game should still be up for a 50% discount according to the shop, so why won't it let me buy it?

I have tried starting Origin with Administrator access but no change.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 3 (792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "This promo code has expired"

★★ Novice

This issue has been solved by contacting EA's chat. They suggested I should log out, then try to buy the game through the website's shop instead of using the Origin tool. I was then able to add it to my cart after which it prompted me to log in, which worked. Thanks! Topic can be closed for future reference.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (867 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

This issue has been solved by contacting EA's chat. They suggested I should log out, then try to buy the game through the website's shop instead of using the Origin tool. I was then able to add it to my cart after which it prompted me to log in, which worked. Thanks! Topic can be closed for future reference.

Message 2 of 3 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Xavje Hi,

Thanks for letting me know, glad to hear that you managed to resolve it.

Have fun with your game! Standard smile

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 3 (774 Views)