Re: So retail product key codes aren't enough to recover account?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

So retail product key codes aren't enough to recover account?

★★ Novice

So, recently my basic email address got hacked therefore I lost all access to any linked accounts. One of that was my Origin account dating back to 2013. 

I've made 2-3 cases where I cover all the basic information and I provide the support team with the retail product keys that I have in my bookshelf (text + image).

Is it possible that they can't verify if they are the same product keys? How is this even possible? 

I am very frustrated with this situation.

Message 1 of 4 (282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to say @s4rp00 but if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then our live support team will be unable to provide you with any information relating to the account or access to it.

If you have further questions you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (251 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
And yes, I am posting here because the chat support WON'T help me.
Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

From what I have seen, they prefer the originating email, and if you don't have that, they like the recovery codes you can generate from your profile. It does not appear they like retail keys, but I am not a member of EA Support.

I would suggest more steps, but honestly, it would be closing the barn door after the horse was stolen stuff.

Additionally, Account issues are ONLY handled by live support, people who ask here are directed back to live support fairly regularly, it's like Hipaa.

Message 3 of 4 (266 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @s4rp00 but if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then our live support team will be unable to provide you with any information relating to the account or access to it.

If you have further questions you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (252 Views)