So...is this a joke?

by accebangry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

So...is this a joke?

★★ Novice

So this morning I logged on to play my sims 4 game after purchasing two new stuff packs on my mac. I do not play the sims on my mac because it looks terrible and just doesn't run well. I have an old PC that I play games on. After having what seems to be a common struggle (where it keeps logging me on offline, telling me to restart, and doing nothing) I went directly to the origin site...only to be told now I have to update this computer to a new version of windows, which costs 100+ dollars.

Are you kidding me? Is there a way around this? I have spent 100's of dollars on my EA games and I can't afford to drop another 100+ to buy a new version of windows that may or may not even work on this computer. Is there a way to download those last two stuff packs that I bought without having to update my origin? I'm perfectly happy not updating due to my computer and sticking to offline mode only, but I would like to find out if there's  a way to either to get those stuff packs in or a way to refund me the 20$ I spent getting them.

Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: So...is this a joke?

★★★ Expert

Please see THIS ARTICLE for more information on Origin on Windows Vista or XP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Please see THIS ARTICLE for more information on Origin on Windows Vista or XP.

Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

★★ Novice
That's great news, however that article does not explain how to download games without updating, seeing as it won't let me go online without updating.
Message 3 of 4 (280 Views)

EA DICE Team

@accebangry

You have to update to an alternate version that is linked in the article:

https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy

This version will allow you to still go online on either XP or Vista, and will not prompt you to update.

Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)