Sims4 will not update

by missusee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims4 will not update

★ Novice

I have put up with this for over a year and now enough is enough.

Every time I try to play sims4, I have to update the game first.

I click update, I watch the progress bar get past 60% and then get a error message or Download failed message.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, run in compatibility mode, run as admin & cleared caches.

Still nothing works.

I am seriously F**ked off and ready to explode. A huge waste of my $80

Message 1 of 5 (318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims4 will not update

★ Novice

@EA_Nils

I once again persevered and tried the updates today.

Some how or another they have worked on both sims3 and sims4. My game is now playable.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all the dramas are behind me.

Thanks for your prompt replies and assistance.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@missusee Hi, 

First off, please make sure you start Origin with administrator rights (as you had already mentioned): http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now?

If that still does not work, and the update fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Run CCleaner.
  2. Run a Clean Boot and ensure that you have no third-party programs running in the background that might interfere with your registry.
  3. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  4. Please check out this article here afterwards. We have had reports of downloads reverting when the file system for the partition is set to FAT32. This is due to a limitation, files larger than 4GB cannot be written. Read more about that here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-download-stops/

5. Next, check your power/hibernation settings to ensure that your hard drive doesn't turn itself off after a certain period of time. Otherwise the download might always fail after a certain period of time as it would be unable to write data onto your drive.

6. If that isn't the issue, please try to download the game using Safe Mode Downloading. You can activate that by going to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced > Safe Mode Downloading 

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 5 (307 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

I have completed every step on the list you provided.

My game still only goes so far and then the download failed box appears.

I tried updating my sims3 game which i have as well, and its suffering the same issues.

Obviously the issue is within Origin.

Is there a way to have a hard copy of the game sent to me instead? I've had enough of trying to deal with online downloaded games.

Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Nils

I once again persevered and tried the updates today.

Some how or another they have worked on both sims3 and sims4. My game is now playable.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all the dramas are behind me.

Thanks for your prompt replies and assistance.

Message 4 of 5 (278 Views)

Community Manager

@missusee Hi again,

I am glad to hear that it has finally started working, thanks for letting me know.

Fingers crossed indeed, have fun with your games! Standard smile

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 5 (257 Views)