SIMS 3 EXPANSIONS MISSING

by littlemissminnie

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 University Life disappeared from Launcher

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly, today I just realised that my Supernatural and Island Paradise have also disappeared. This is infuriating. I don't know if I will be able to contact the seller at this point because I bought my games such a long time ago. Now I just wonder if it is possible to remove specific updates from origin as it seems like it could bring things back to normal, but I doubt that. EA still haven't replied to any of my cases and I don't want to be paying for any calls. I honestly don't think its worth contacting them knowing that I will get the same type of reply, where I will be just blamed for all this and threatened with being banned.

Message 91 of 155 (1,335 Views)

SIMS 3 EXPANSIONS MISSING

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is coming off the back of a phone call to customer service — four of my expansions, despite saying they're installed, have disappeared from my games launcher. Upon researching countless forums, and the phone call, it seems to be because four of my expansion codes were purchased on ebay they've been blocked. The adviser I spoke to said he'd escalate the case to get my games reauthorised however, like many others, I suspect I'm about to receive a fairly unjust, and frankly quite rude, email basically labelling me a criminal. This is utterly ridiculous considering those games were bought from someone who made himself out to be a verified seller and had a reputation that backed that claim up. I would never have bought them knowing this was illegal or broke any rules and why would I? Someone posted that EA, as per policy, are supposed to email customers giving them 30 days notice as per section 8 (Termination and Other Sanctions) however, having checked my emails, this was not done and instead, after issuing the newest Origin update, the expansions/games were seized leaving customers confused, frustrated and searching for answers — answers that left even more confusion and a rather stinging criminal label. Surely, EA, you should be punishing the sellers that are selling these codes not the innocent people that are buying them in good faith. We're not at fault here, the sellers are. I, and several others, have bought from one in particular: cgsonline. Surely EA  could target cgsonline and Keith Roberts instead? Work alongside ebay, get your money back that way, target someone who has intentionally ripped you off. I've spent hundreds on my game — base game, expansions, sim points; and I don't even deserve an email explaining what's happened, who's at fault, or what I can do to rectify it? Instead nothing.

C'mon, EA, lets sort this out as friends.  

I can't even get a refund as per ebay's refund policy as they were bought last year.

Message 92 of 155 (1,435 Views)

Expansions Missing in Game Launcher, Settings Defaulting - Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

So I've been having an issue these past couple of days with The Sims 3 Launcher and the game itself. I opened up the launcher and noticed only one expansion was missing - Supernatural. I thought no big deal of it, decided I may have uninstalled it accidentally and went on with starting up my game and just created a new file. Then I noticed all my settings had defaulted back to normal, my resolution had changed from 1920x1080 to the default, and tutorials were started back up again - yet, all my save files were still there. I closed the game and Supernatural still isn't showing up, after uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting Origin, repairing the game and all the expansions, checking my files, etc. Curious if anyone can help me find a resolution to this issue, as calling EA Customer Support got me nowhere unfortunately.

Message 93 of 155 (1,464 Views)

Sims 3 expansions missing!

★★★★★ Newbie

I've just logged into Origin, and as I try and play Sims 3 I noticed some of my expansion packs aren't shown in Origin anymore. I can't find the downloaded product codes, my missing expansion packs are (for sims 3):

• Island paradise
  • Late night

My other games and expansion packs appear to be there and working, please help.

Message 94 of 155 (1,473 Views)

Re: Expansions Missing in Game Launcher, Settings Defaulting - Sims 3

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem but with Seasons. I redeemed my code back in Feb 2016 but now it wants me to buy it again. 

Message 95 of 155 (1,449 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar problem....

Origin isn't recognizing my Seasons expansion that was purchased back in December of 2015 and has been working fine.

I loaded up Origin, it wanted to update, so I let it, then Sims 4 wanted to update, I let it, started playing one of my Sims 3 saved games, then decided to start over with a new game in a different city, and when I went to relaunch the game...suddenly my Seasons is saying I didn't purchase it in Origin....when it worked perfectly fine not five minutes before that.

Then, having seen that issue, when the launcher came up, I'm also missing Into The Future and Supernatural there, in spite of those being listed in Origin.

I'm hoping to get the problem resolved before my retirement.

Message 96 of 155 (1,452 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem! I've been spending hours trying to fix this and nothing is working.

It seems like the problem is that Origin recently deleted TS3 Base game and now requires TS3 Starter Pack. Origin was apparently supposed to change everyone's base games into starter packs and for many this worked and there were no problems. For some of us the TS3 Base Game didn't change into TS3 Starter Pack and now expansion packs that are downloaded through Origin are not working 'cause the EP's won't recognize the base game anymore.

I've tried to contact EA help many times but all they do is tell you to wait. It really pisses me off that EA makes idiotic changes and then takes no responsibility when their products don't work anymore. 

Edit: I'm having problems with Island Paradise

Message 97 of 155 (1,443 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 EXPANSIONS MISSING

★★★★ Novice

This is completely ridiculous! The way EA acts in this situation is a perfect example how to lose loyal customers like me, who have been buying EA's  products since their freaking childhood. If this really is the case, I feel very offended. A huge company like EA shouldn't be this me merciless towards their customers. I can't get my money back from cgsonline either and I really hope that sellers like they get some kind of punishment. Gosh, I would have never bought my game from them if I knew it was illegal or pirate.

Message 98 of 155 (1,388 Views)

Missing Content

★★★ Newbie

I have bought many sims 3 expansion packs last year and just got back on my computer. Only seasons showed up and none of the others. I am missing university, pets, generations and ambitions. I expect my money back or them back on my account or you will lose this customer.

Message 99 of 155 (1,224 Views)

Problem installing Sims 3 Expansions

★★ Novice
Hello! A few days ago, I've purchased the expansion Island Paradise with a code on Origin. There was no problem downloading and installing it, but when I opened the launcher I saw two expansions I had (Pets and Seasons) weren't on the expansions list. I tried to reinstall it all, installing by Origin, installing in chronological order, install it step expansion by expansion... But now, this two expansions aren't in my list of expansions, but I install them.

Please, I need someone's help.
Message 100 of 155 (1,215 Views)