Re: The Sims 3 expantion pack Seasons vanished and appears with buy now option.

by Albertine2610

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 University Life disappeared from Launcher

★★★★★ Apprentice

Another Origin update yesterday!  I stupidly updated thinking it was a patch to fix the problem, WRONG!!!  it took out more packs from my launcher!!! All my Sims 3 game packs are still in my origin showing up as purchased.  They are on my hard drive, they just disappeared from my Sims 3 Launcher!   This is crazy!!  

Is there a way to undo an origin update (or 2)?  

Message 71 of 155 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Like another commenter, I've had this email today from EA:

Hello,

Product Name: The Sims 3

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inability to access The Sims 3.

After reviewing your case, we found that your game was disabled due to a chargeback against your account.

Chargebacks may occur if a game code has been purchased from an unauthorized source and/or if you have initiated a chargeback.

You will need to repurchase the game in order to play it. Make sure you purchase from an authorized and trustworthy retailer or recognized digital distribution service such as Origin.

If you experience any problems after purchasing the game, you can contact us at [edit: email address removed]. Make sure to attach your proof of purchase and the relevant game code.

EA takes chargebacks seriously and future chargebacks will ultimately result in permanent account closure.

You can review the full Terms of Service at http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Thank you,

EA Terms of Service

So as I've not initiated a chargeback, I can only assume that the site I bought my expansion from (not EA or Origin) was selling dodgy keys.

Message 72 of 155 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is CRAZY!  

Message 73 of 155 (1,418 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 expantion pack Seasons vanished and appears with buy now option.

★★★★★ Novice

I am furious! 4 of my expansion packs are not showing up in the launcher, but they say they are installed on Origin. Seasons has gone completely and asking me to pay £30 for it! TOS took days to get back and then told me it was the result of a refund or chargeback - neither of which have happened for any of my games! ANy help would be gratefully received. 

Message 74 of 155 (1,391 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had exactly the same email, except I bought my codes from different sellers on ebay, all with 1000s and 1000s of recommendations. No issues for 8 months and now this?

Furious.

Message 75 of 155 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

>>>>>Albertine2610 said:
I had exactly the same email, except I bought my codes from different sellers on ebay, all with 1000s and 1000s of recommendations. No issues for 8 months and now this?

Furious.<<<<<

Same here!!  Only it has been 5 months for me.  I don't buy from e-bay sellers unless they have super duper good ratings!    .. Also, how am I supposed to re-buy the games when they say I own them on Origin?!   I am not buying $200 worth of games that I already paid for!! I may have steam coming out of my ears! LOL

Message 76 of 155 (1,360 Views)

★★ Novice

This exact thing has happened to me, too. Same email from TOS. I bought all of my packs on eBay from a highly-rated seller. What in the world is going on!? 

Message 77 of 155 (1,367 Views)

Sims 3 Expansion Packs Disappeared

★★★ Newbie

So I'm having some issues with my Sims 3 expansion packs...I paid and uploaded the Sims 3 Seasons and have been playing it for months, then all of a sudden after I bought other expansion packs(Generations first and second was Nightlife) the Season's pack disappeared & seemed to automatically delete itself. It's as if I never purchased it in the first place! On Origin, where it shows Game Details it says, "buy $19.99". There was probably only a day in between when Seasons was there and when it was deleted.  It might've even been when I paid and downloaded the Nightlife pack. Very confused and very upset. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to resolve it? Strangely enough, when I look up my order history it only shows the Seasons pack, none of the others. 

Message 78 of 155 (1,317 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've contacted the sellers to who are aware of the issue. It's so frustrating, especially since you cant even buy them back because they are installed! Please let us play again EA Frown

Message 79 of 155 (1,283 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also received a chargeback email. This is unacceptable. It's not my fault the key is bad and it's not okay to complain about that after weeks or months of playing and not even informing the customers about it. I will of course contact the vendor that sold me the key (I got two other keys from there and they work fine as well). But if things won't coincidentally go fine I may contact the german consumer protection. You have to check the key on redemption, not months after. And your TOS is worth a bag of rice. You have to go with consumer protection laws. You cannot disable or modify them.

Also, the mail I got included a sentence where they tell me that my account could be banned, if this happens again. I have no control over whether this happens again. I cannot verify the integrity of keys. That's Origin's job. If you don't want third-party-vendors with keys, forbid them. This would be very uncomfortable for your customers, of course, but otherwise it's just your and only your duty to check the integrity of game keys.

And you can't blame anyone to not be keen on buying keys via Origin, which are extremely overpriced.  We are talking about old games here with lots of bugs that nobody cares about and I'm willing to tolerate them and I'm okay if you're like "ROFL Sims 3, we're busy with Sims 4 now!", but then I won't pay the price a full-bug-support game with regular fixes is worth.

Message 80 of 155 (1,272 Views)