Re: Sims 3 University Life disappeared from Launcher

by Neosublimation

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Disappeared

★★★★ Novice

You are not alone, many people are complaining of this issue in the Origin Tech forum. I'm waiting for a reply from EA too.

Message 51 of 155 (1,851 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I followed these steps and ended up in a Live Chat.  He said "Upon checking friend your game is currently under review by the TOS/Terms of Service. Let me just file a dispute to the TOS to let you know on what happened to your missing game."     What?!?  Everything was working fine until the last Origin Update! Frown    

So ... I am awaiting to hear back from the review.  

Message 52 of 155 (1,873 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing!

★★★★ Novice

You are not alone with this issue, many people have contacted EA directly involving similar issues of EPs vanishing from the launcher, yet being installed on Origin and even vanishing from the Origin library and asking people to buy them again! What I can gather is that it's a problem with our accounts. People (including myself) have been told (from contacting EA on live chat) that it's due to our account being "under-review" with the TOS (Terms of Service) team and I personally got told it was due to illegal activity on my account (Which I can assure you, there has been NO illegal activity of any kind). 

The only thing I can recommend you do is contact EA on live chat and report your problem so they can forwards it on directly to the TOS Team to get you an answer.

You could also try clearing your Origin cache, uninstalling and re-installing Origin or even doing a clean reinstall of your Sims 3. This has worked for a handful of people, however has not worked for me.

Message 53 of 155 (1,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My whole sims 3 disappeared from my origin account after an update. Ive been calling, chatting and emailing for days now and still no solution. Im def not paying again and I lost everything! Frown

Message 54 of 155 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I even chatted on facebook and twitter, still no help.

Message 55 of 155 (1,862 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs Missing From Sims 3 Launcher

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i got one game missing from my Launcher it is the sims 3 generations i have tried to uninstall and repair the game manny times  now but it is stil missing. i also have tried too Resetting the game to factory. i did just uninstalled all the others so i could see if it was there if the other expansion packs  was gone

Message 56 of 155 (1,872 Views)

Sims 3 disappeared from game library in origin after update

★★★ Newbie

I got an origin update couple of days ago and since then my sims 3 and expansions packages just disappeared from my game library. I still have the shortcut on my desktop and when I click on it, it sends me to origin and tells me I have to activate my product code. Which is strange cause I'm playing quite some time already, but ok, I put in my productcode again and then it says: This code had already been used.

Well, yes, I've already played with that code!

I deleted origin, installed it again, Same issue.

Opened my Sims 3 online account and my code is still working on there, so its not a problem with Sims but with Origin/EA.

Called EA, got on hold for like 20 minutes, then hung up cause thats waaaay to much money

Then emailed them, still no answer

Then tried chatting with them, waited for 5 hours straight, still just a loading screen.

So I went to facebook and finally after another 2 hours waiting, I got a hold of somebody. They asked me if I accepted the risk of giving my account password and I did.

2 minutes after that she just said, Yes it's not from Origin, your product code is not correct.. (like really, I played a bazilion times with my Sims 3)

Soooooo, still no help, getting really pissed at this point cause I'm playing this with my autistic sister and she is sooo sad.

Message 57 of 155 (1,871 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wow, I'm surprised there are more people with the same problem. And I also agree that it worked fine until the last Origin update. I will mention that I'm not alone during the phone call on Monday. I haven't done anything illegal with my account as well, so I will not let them go with this excuse. The fact that there are multiple people with this issue strongly speaks for a bug that came with the update.

Thank you, guys, for posting and letting me/us know that there are more.

Message 58 of 155 (1,882 Views)

Re: I own sims 3 expansions and origin says i don't

★★★★★ Newbie

Exact thing is happening to me right now. It says that I only own World Adventures and University Life, when i bought Pets, and Seasons as well. Now it's trying to make me pay for them again when i paid for them already.

Message 59 of 155 (1,789 Views)

It might be worth you all reading the terms of service again. It's been updated in October 2016 so it might have extra information. The only thing I can think of is there is some issues with CC being added? They have covered their backs understandably with their terms of service but it's frustrating paying so much for games and even if we unknowingly have issues, with us only leasing the games we purchased, we won't be getting a refund. I'm looking into toc further against consumer rights etc but with the odd purchase attempts on my account, I wonder if there's been a hacking problem? I always scan any CC with my virus checker and if it's unable to determine if it's safe, I just do without it. *hands a box of doughnuts to the EA internal investigators for their job to be a bit less daunting*.  Still having to cope with gaming withdrawal! It's the way I relax in between studying and caring for my mother lol.

Message 60 of 155 (1,821 Views)