Re: The Sims 3 expantion pack Seasons vanished and appears with buy now option.

by CHarringtonIII

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing!

★★★ Newbie

Hey origin can you please help me!

Message 31 of 155 (1,202 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets add-on not available even though it is installed.

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I have 4 expansions, 3 of them on disc. The downloaded one, Ambitions, is not showing up in the launcher but is showing as installed on Origin. So I chatted to one of their advisers, this is what she said:

Aditya: I would like to inform you that THE SIMS 3 AMBITIONS is inactive and it is done by higher end team because they found some violation of rules in the game. Reason for this is best known to them. If you wish I can send request to them on your behalf and they will contact you on your email address. Don't worry I will make sure to create such a strong request on your behalf so they will review your account leniently
you: how can you break the rules in a Sims game?
Aditya: It can be done by any suspicious activity not by you but by someone else.
you: i've just been on Origins forum, theres a bunch of people with the same problem, only with different expansion packs
you: all today
Aditya: It happened with many customers and EA is taking it very seriously. I have already mentioned that I have not found any suspicious activity from your end. Please don't worry you will get back your expansion soon.

So I'd love to know how you violate rules, I didn't think it was possible.

Message 32 of 155 (1,193 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oh how weird and frustrating:/ I did notice 3 attempts on my account to purchase FIFA which were huge transactions. Thankfully they said failed but it does concern me about hacking? 

Out of interest, did you purchase your games directly through origin or did you have an origin key to type in? 

I also contacted them via chat and the guy was nice enough, saying I'd be updated via email too. It sounds like they might have a bigger issue rather than an isolated case :/ Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out soon.

ps, do you know what the restriction was about? I wasn't told that in chat so not sure what could be the reason for mine vanishing. Although Pets had vanished last night but was still on my purchased list. I just closed it and going to leave it a couple of weeks till they hopefully get back to me with information if they can,

Message 33 of 155 (1,217 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets add-on not available even though it is installed.

★★ Novice
Wow! I didn't expect that.. and yes I agree. It is actually really annoying since now I can't play my favourite game. I wonder how long it will take before it is available again?
Message 34 of 155 (1,181 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hadn't noticed any undue activity with transactions as such my account has been stable, I had purchased quite a few sim points to purchase store items but all went through fine and had been playing it for a long time before all this happened.

i had purchased the keys online and redeemed them through origin, but it all installed and played absolutely fine, its only been this weekend and Friday that all this had been noticed.

they wouldn't tell me about the restrictions as it was terms and service that put them there and only they knew what it was in relation too, the games have disappeared from origin replaced with purchase buttons, however they are still installed on my computer via add/remove programs.

Message 35 of 155 (1,212 Views)

Re: Sims 3 University Life disappeared from Launcher

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your quick response, @EA_Mage. I'm going to give the support a call on Monday. I hope they will be able to help me. I will come back and inform you about the outcome, possibly (hopefully) selecting your answer as the solution then.

Message 36 of 155 (1,226 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing!

Hero (Retired)

Hello @almanora99

Could you please check your expansion packs for The Sims 3 in your Origin Library in the extra content tab http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-Missing-Games-and-Expansion-Content/td-p/4438200 ?

Message 37 of 155 (1,184 Views)

Hmmm I purchased most of mine online too with Origin keys. I read through all their terms of service and did my research to ensure that they were accepted and nothing flagged to suggest we aren't allowed to do that. Will have to await their response when they have completed their investigation. 

Will have to cope with gaming withdrawals lol.

Message 38 of 155 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's the thing nothing flagged up to me either it all seemed above board with it. Yes will have to wait for their response Frown the withdrawals are mad haha have just got the sims medieval so will lessen the blow lol

Message 39 of 155 (1,195 Views)

Purchased games not appearing

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have the same problem as many. Bought six SIMS 3 products in same time and reedemed them. I can see only few of them on my origin app - extra content. When im trying to reedem again the error message appear "This code has already been used". 

How can i download already purchased games when Origin says I am not owner yet?

Missing packs:

- The Sims™ 3 University Life

- The Sims™ 3 Ambitions (Expansion Pack)

All other are ok. I have licence keys and bought via 3rd side.

Message 40 of 155 (1,174 Views)