Sims 4 wouldn't update, had to uninstall, now isn't installing

by WQDJH101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 wouldn't update, had to uninstall, now isn't installing

★★★ Newbie

This is absolutely ridiculous. When I tried to update the Sims 4 with today's new patch, nothing would happen when my computer prompted me to allow it to make changes to my computer. I'd click yes, then nothing would happen. I tried turning off my firewall, rebooting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling origin, rebooting my internet connection, and finally uninstalled the game - now it won't even let me reinstall it. Has anyone else had these problems?

Message 1 of 20 (6,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 wouldn't update, had to uninstall, now isn't installing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

*Update* 

I ran Origin as administrator, uninstalled the sims 4, then attempted a repair on the game files. That paused but I was able to cancel the repair and Origin is allowing me to reinstall the game now. I'll reply if I find this solves the issue.

Lesson learned, force Origin to run as admin. 

*EDIT: This did resolve the issue. Sims 4 is playable again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (6,498 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, and I was able to play Sims 4 earlier today. Now the play button is grayed ouit and I only have the ability to uninstall, which I do not want to do. 

Message 2 of 20 (6,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

*Update* 

I ran Origin as administrator, uninstalled the sims 4, then attempted a repair on the game files. That paused but I was able to cancel the repair and Origin is allowing me to reinstall the game now. I'll reply if I find this solves the issue.

Message 3 of 20 (6,499 Views)

Community Manager
Thank you for confirming the resolution steps in your case.
Message 4 of 20 (6,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me to! what to do?

Message 5 of 20 (6,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To clarify, did you have to pause the repair to troubleshoot this issue?

@nadaynia wrote:

*Update* 

Message 6 of 20 (5,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have been playing the sims 4 for a while now, i got on my computer today and origin said it had to update in order for me to play the sims 4. so i let origin update, then when i went back into origin my sims 4 was missing... and it told me i had to activate it and to type in my serial code, and then it told me that my code was already in use. so i thought id uninstall and reinstall.. no different it wont accept my code. hmmm is spending $80 on a game you cant play really worth it? im super pissed!Confusedmileysad:

Message 7 of 20 (5,634 Views)

Community Manager

@emilykate18 Hi,

Usually when players report this issue, it turns out that they accidently created a new Origin account and are logging into Origin using that one, instead of the one they had originally purchased and redeemed their games with.

Is there any chance that this could have happened? If so, you might want to try if you can log in to Origin with another email address you had been using at the time.

If you cannot figure out which one that might be, I'd like to ask you to get in touch with an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, and "Codes" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 8 of 20 (5,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you uninstall sims 4?! please help its extremely frusterating 

Message 9 of 20 (4,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Emily_Kate_18 This also happened to me! I am trying to contact an EA agent on the live chat to see if I can fix it, but I really hope this isn't permanent...

Message 10 of 20 (3,954 Views)